Twenty-Four

I felt miserable all night, constantly getting up and puking. I couldn't even go back to sleep until it was already six in the morning. Then everyone calling my name from downstairs woke me up.
"What the fuck do y'all want?" I yelled walking down the stairs.
"Damn, someone's in a mood." Mark snickered earning him a slap from Lisa.
"You ok?" Bran whispered walking towards me.
"No, I was up all night puking and now I'm up because no one can leave me alone."
"Go back to bed." He chuckled kissing my forehead. "I'll get you if anything happens."
"I'm up. I just need something to wake me up."
Sunny ruffled through the cabinets for a cup and poured me some coffee she had made. "Drink up." She said smiling sitting it front of me.
I gulped it all down and felt more awake and ready for the day. At least as much as I could be.
"Jerry will be here in an hour." Bran yelled to everyone who was present.
"Roger that boss." Mark give a thumbs up.
So that gives me an hour to wake up more. What a good decision I could make. "Let's go to the gym girls." I blurted.
Chelsea, sunny and Lisa all nodded and followed me down the steps to the gym. I grabbed a big exercise ball and sat on it and bounced. There wasn't much I could do except stretch and dance a little. It helped wake me up more-especially when the other girls joined me in dancing facing the mirrors. We didn't know what time it was or how long it's been.
"Jerry's he-" bran stopped and watched us finish dancing while laughing.
"Didn't hear you." I turned around flushed red.
"Jerry's here." He smiled pointing behind him. "Come on."
I grabbed his hand and allowed him to pull me back upstairs. I sat on a bar stool and faced Jerry who was on the couch.
"Ok, their base is here. Given if they haven't moved again." Jerry began. "We gathered up some flash bangs and smoke grenades. The goal is to take as many as we can and kill those who shoot first."
"Everyone will shoot." I countered. "Their not just going to let you walk in and start taking people."
"Perhaps." Jerry nodded stroking his chin. "But we want to try and take as many as we can and kill the rest." He brought out some photos and spread them out. "We want Jacob Sr and Jacob jr. and this guy, Pablo, Jacobs second in command."
"I didn't see him there." I shook my head at the photo. "Just these two, and this guy, he shot my mom." I pointed to a young male with dirty blonde hair with a green stripe in his hair.
"That's Jeremy." Jerry whispered picking it up. "He was there? You're sure?"
"Yes. He shot my mom. I'll never forget that. But he's a guard."
"He's my nephew." Jerry shook his head throwing the photo down.
"How is your nephew with the snakes?" Bran raised his brow crossing his arms lightly over his chest.
"He owed Jacob money, a lot of money. He offered to come work for him to pay off his debt. I thought he was done with it though." He frowned at the floor.
"We will do what we can. I'll gather some of my group and send them with yours." Bran nodded. "Me and you will go in last."
Jerry nodded in agreement and left to get ready. I didn't want either to get hurt or worse-killed, but it was their job. Pushing that thought to the back of my mind I climbed the stairs and entered my room. I knew I couldn't go no matter how much I wanted to, but maybe that wasn't a bad thing. I was already sprawled out on the bed when bran walked in.
He chuckled at the site and sighed. "Already asleep?"
"No. Just waiting on news for when you leave."
"Soon." He sat on the edge and tapped the spot beside him making me jolt up and crawl. "I'm just waiting for Jerry to come back."
"I don't really want you to go. But I also don't want to stay behind." I frowned laying my head on his shoulder.
"Who says you're staying?" He wrapped a arm around my waist. "Their after you, Jerry thinks if you're there then they'll come out."
"So, I'm going?" I peeked up at him through my lashes.
"Possibly. And that thought alone terrifies me."
"Why?"
I never thought about why it would scare him so bad. No one has ever cared about me before. But maybe all he really cared about was his unborn baby and not me at all. But maybe-just maybe, it was me.
He tilted my chin up to look at him and he smiled enough to show his white gleaming teeth. "Because, I love you Laura."
I couldn't help what I did next-I pulled him into me mashing our lips together. My hands got tangled in his perfect black hair while his explored my body. Between kisses I said "I-love-you-too."

It didn't take long before Jerry came back. He brought his wife and Bree with him as well. Bree didn't look at all happy to be back, and I was ecstatic she was back either. We really didn't like each other.
"Ew, you're here too!?" She glared at Chelsea.
"Yup. Hi, brat." Chelsea snorted.
"Her too Bree!?" Breanna scolded. "I knew letting you live with your aunt was a mistake!"
Bree never spoke to anyone about her family, and this might be why. But honestly I can't blame her, growing up in a mafia pin could be tough.
"We are ready when you are, bran." Jerry finally spoke. "Is Laura going also?"
"If you think it's best." Bran responded calmly.
"I don't. But, we may have little choice." Jerry shook his head frowning.
"You guys have to tell me the plan." I blurted standing up from the sofa.
"In the car." Breanna smiled, though it didn't reach her golden brown eyes.
Before I could exit the room, Bree grabbed my wrist. "I'm sorry, ok?"
"For what?" I raised my brow confused.
"For being a bitch. Bran is family, which makes you family..." she trailed off for a minute then continued "I don't want to see him get hurt, and if that means you too, then yea."
"I get it." I nodded squeezing out of her grip. "Thanks Bree."
She nodded and walked outside with me following. Breanna had her eyebrows raised at the sight of non bickering teenagers climbing into the car. Bree still wasn't my favorite person, but maybe we could actually get to know each other better-after this was over with.