Chapter 10

Vic and I got ready to leave to the movies and Luna said she would come over and we would all leave together. I had left the room to go and ask Victoria's parents about leaving. "Hey guys I was wondering if Vic and I can go to the movies with Delilah and Luna?" Mr. Greyson nodded his head and held his fork up, "Yeah sure go for it. Come back later and we'll all go to the park for a bit. Also what happened to you?" He motioned to my cheek where the bruise was, "Oh it's nothing I hit it on the edge of my dresser trying to find something in the dark and we will be back for the park I am sure of it" then the doorbell rang. "I got it." I ran to the door and swung it open and I jumped onto Luna. She started laughing and quickly tried to gain her balance again so we wouldn't fall. I held onto her tightly and said, "Hey Luna." She chuckled and held me tighter, "Hey Faith." I unwrapped my legs and Luna let go of me. She said while motioning to my cheek, "What happened?" I ignored the question, took her hand, and dragged her to Victoria's room. Vic was brushing out her hair when she looked to look at us. "Hey Luna you ready to go?" She nodded and I said, "Hope your prepared to see your future girlfriend." She blushed and hit me in the arm. I laughed and ran out of the room, "Come on we're going to be late!" I got into the car and waited for Luna and Victoria. On the way to the movies we jammed out to the songs that came up on the radio. When I parked the car Luna asked me, "What movie are we watching exactly?" I shrugged and saw Delilah waiting in line.

She waved at us and we walked over. Delilah went to hug Luna and Victoria and I smirked at each other. When they let go they were both red and I asked Delilah, "So what movie are we going to watch Del. You never said over text." She snapped her fingers, "Oh yeah I totally forgot. I picked the movie The Nun. And how did you get the bruise?" I waved it off and said, "Long story" I looked over at Luna and noticed that her eyes widened. "Cool should be a good movie. I've seen the trailers, looks creepy" I said. I rubbed my hands together and said, "This is going to be good. Luna over here doesn't like horror movies" I threw my arm over Victoria while adding, "neither does Vic."  Luna looked down at the floor while Victoria hit my side. Delilah put a arm around Luna whispering something in her ear. She got bright red and then we were called up to buy our tickets. We all got our tickets and went inside to get into the food line. I said to Delilah and Victoria, "Hey someone needs to go get us seats. This place is going to get packed fast." Victoria took Delilah's hand and said, "Yeah we'll go you already know what I want Faith." She was dragging Delilah to the room while Delilah yelled out, "Get me some popcorn!" I chuckled and looked back at Luna and nudged her arm. "So what did Del say to you that got you all red outside." She quickly looked away to hide her blush she mumbled out, "She said she would always protect me." I smiled at the answer and we moved to the front of the register. I ordered my food, got Victoria some sour patch, and got the popcorn. I gave the popcorn to Luna and I carried the rest. We walked in and the previews had already started.

We walked around the corner from the stairs and looked around for Delilah and Victoria. I saw waving in the corner of my left eye at the top row right in the corner. I took Luna's hand and pulled her up. I sat next to Victoria who was at the end and Luna sat next to me on my left. I looked over and saw Delilah take the popcorn and kiss Luna on the cheek. Luna should be happy that it's dark in here. The movie was going to start so I looked at the screen. During the movie you had the occasional gasps and screams from people getting scared. Some parts got me but others I saw coming, every once and a while I looked over at Delilah and Luna who were cuddled together, which Luna was mainly hiding her face from the screen. I smiled and looked over at Vic who was hiding halfway under her shirt. I chuckled at her and lifted the arm rest that was between us. I lifted my arm and she immediately moved under and buried her face into my shoulder. I just held onto her tight and continued to watch the movie. After the movie was done both Luna and Victoria were really shaken up from the movie while Delilah and I were talking about all the scary parts and the plots twists. Luna and Victoria were holding onto each other. I quickly took out my phone and started recording, "Hey you guys okay back there?" I panned the camera behind me to show a shaking Luna and Victoria. I started laughing and moved the camera to Delilah who was laughing as well. I stopped the video and put my phone back in my pocket. I then asked Delilah, "You want to go eat?" Delilah shrugged and looked behind us. "You guys want to go eat?" They both nodded and I said, "Alright well you came here by yourself you want to meet us there or do you want a buddy?" She stopped me and asked, "Actually I was hoping you could come with me. I have some things I want to talk to you about." I nodded and looked over at Victoria, "I just hope Vic is able to drive."

I gave the keys to Victoria, "You're going to have to drive I am going with Del. Lets meet up at Applebee's?" She nodded and I quickly kissed her cheek before she started walking away. I then asked Delilah, "So what did you want to talk about?" She cleared her throat and said, "So I wanted to ask Luna on a date but since your her friend I kind of wanted assurance and approval." I smiled at her and put my hand on her shoulder making us stop in front of her car. I dropped my hand and noticed that she looked nervous and looked down at the floor. She was about to speak when I stopped her, "Hey it's alright. You can take her out, but I swear if you hurt her Del..." She quickly put her hands up stopping me from finishing my sentence, "I swear I won't Faith. I won't ever purposely hurt her. She is too amazing." I smiled and continued, "Good, Lu doesn't need any more problems as it is. But as I was going to say earlier if you hurt her I hurt you. Got it?" She quickly nodded and I ushered to the car, "Now come on lets go catch up with Vic and Lu." She smiled and we then got into the car. On the way there we listened to the radio and talked about how we met in P.E. class. We started cracking up when we remembered when we were playing dodge ball we had to run around the gym and one of the guys who were looking at us fell down the bleachers because he lost his footing. "Oh my gosh that was so funny. It was that idiot's fault that he wasn't paying attention. He just had to look our way when they were doing bleachers" Delilah said. I laughed and then we pulled up into the Applebee's parking lot. I then got a text from Victoria.

Vic: "Hey we got a table already."

I looked over at Delilah and said, "They already got a table, come on lets go." We walked to the door and went inside. The waitress asked how many of us there were. Delilah looked around while I politely said that our friends were already here. Delilah then grabbed my arm and started pulling when I thanked the waitress. I had turned to look in front of me and saw Luna and Victoria talking to each other. We smiled at them and I nudged Delilah for her to hopefully get the hint to sit next to Luna. She did and sat down next to Luna while I sat next to Victoria. Then my phone went off saying I had a text message. I pulled my phone out and saw it was from Victoria's dad.

Victoria's dad: "Hey I was wondering when you guys were going to get back so we could go to the park."

I hit Victoria's arm to make her stop talking and look over. "What?" I showed her the phone screen and she face palmed. "I totally forgot. Well it's only 3 we can go after and still make it." I nodded and quickly replied back to him and turned off my phone to get into the conversation that was happening. We laughed and talked about old memories back at school until our food came. Once we were done we all walked out and said our goodbyes to Luna and Delilah. "Alright Lu I hope you're okay with Del taking you home. We have to get going if we are still going to make it." Victoria nodded and I looked back at Luna. "Unless that's a problem Del?" She quickly shook her head and immediately looked down realizing she answered too quickly. I simply chuckled and went to hug Luna. "We'll see you later Lu have fun." I quickly hugged Delilah and we jogged to the car.