Chapter 22

I groaned loud at the sound of my alarm to get ready for school. Last night Victoria and I headed home after waving at Luna one last time. As soon as we got back we went to our separate rooms and passed out immediately. I groaned and rolled onto my back rubbing my eyes. I sat up in bed and stretched hoping it would wake me up more. I ran a hand through my hair and took the blanket off of me. I walked out to the bathroom to do my business and start the day. My outfit for today was shorts that go about mid-thigh and a graphic T-Shirt that had a harry potter reference on it. I grabbed my phone and backpack and went to the kitchen. I had an extra hop in my step because of my fight I had tonight. Victoria noticed my mood and asked, "Why do you look so happy? It's Monday girl." I shrugged and grabbed a fruit to eat on the way there "Come on we are going to be late." I grabbed my keys with Victoria following me. On the drive there we listened to music and I ate my apple. I finished my apple when we got to the school and threw it away at the front of the school. Victoria and I were talking about what would happen if one of us got stuck in a tree. I had just laughed at her when she had said you're on your own and then she would run. When I had stopped laughing I noticed there was a crowd ahead. I make a confused look to Victoria who shrugged. We got closer and I saw a guy standing in the middle with something in their hands. Not being able to see him clearly I got closer and saw that it was Tony. He was smiling widely at me when he realized it was me. I smiled back and read the poster that was in his hands.

Surprise! Will you be my girlfriend?

I smiled and looked up at him and nodded. Everyone started cheering and I walked to him. I pulled him to me and kissed him. I'm not much of a PDA type of person but I was so happy he was here. I wrapped my arms around his neck while his went to my lower back. I was the first to pull away and leaned my head against his chest. I waved my hand and everyone started walking away. I went to look where Victoria was standing and saw her smiling. Jonathan walked next to her and pulled her to him. I smiled at them and looked behind them. Sure enough Lexy and her followers walk through the door. I quickly turn around putting my face in the crook of Tony's neck. He noticed my change in mood and quietly asked me, "Hey what's wrong?" I said to him, "It's nothing but can we please move from here." He seemed skeptical but started to walk both of us away. He had an arm around me while I leaned into his side. I relaxed a bit but couldn't help but think of the last time I had seen Lexy and her followers. She put me and Victoria in the hospital. She showed up to school for the rest of the week. Did she even regret doing it. No if she regretted anything she did then she wouldn't hit me every day for no reason. From being so wrapped up in my thoughts I didn't realize that Tony led us outside. The cool breeze brought me out of my daze.

Tony walked in front of me and held both of my hands. I looked at the floor not meeting his eyes. I felt shameful but I didn't know why I did. Tony put his right hand against my cheek. I leaned against his hand and felt tears threatening to fall. Before I could stop, a tear fell. Tony moved his hand from my cheek to the bottom of my chin. He raised my head and I sniffled. He lent in and firmly kissed me. I kissed him back just as eagerly. I put my hands on his chest while I continued to cry. I was the first to pull away. I laid my head on his chest while he wrapped his arms around me. He held me tightly until I had stopped crying. After a while I knew we were both late to first but at this point I didn't really care. He asked, "Are you okay now?" I took a deep breath and nodded. "Yea I'm okay. But you, are off to a great start already late on the first day." He laughed and pulled away and offered his hand. "Come on let's go to class now babe." I smiled at him and took his hand. We both walked to first that we conveniently had together. Throughout the class we talked and Tony helped get my mind off of things. It is so much better having him here with me then through a screen. The rest of the day went by quickly and it was to the point where Tony and I were saying goodbye for the day. Victoria was standing next to us waiting for me. We hugged again and then I started walking to my car. We both got in and started heading home. As soon as I parked I had gotten a message from Marcus.