Chapter 27

The rest of the day had went by slowly. As soon as Victoria got home I was tackled into a hug. Later on that night I had told her everything that had happened the night before. Which leads us to now it was Friday at 6:30 in the morning getting ready for school. Victoria was already done and was waiting for me. I was brushing out my hair when my phone vibrated in my pocket. Curious as to who it was I pulled it out. It was a text from someone I thought I would never hear from again.

Dad: "Meet me on the football field at your school alone at 7 or your mother and I get Victoria."

My face went pale and my eyes widened. They found me. Quickly deleting the message so Victoria wouldn't see, I went to the kitchen. Feeling sick to my stomach I didn't feel like eating anything. Victoria noticed my mood and asked if I was okay. I nodded pretending that I just was still tired. Victoria knew I was lying but decided not to push it. She had also offered to drive which I was thankful for. When we got to school I didn't talk to anyone. When Victoria said she was going to find Johnathan I simply nodded instead of saying anything to her. At first she was hesitant on leaving but seeing my mood she had left thinking I might of needed some alone time. That didn't last very long because coming down the hall was Lexy and her followers. Once we locked eyes, I quickly looked down it was too late. She walked over to me and harshly shoved me into the wall. Her followers made a makeshift wall around us so not many people can see. She looked pissed and angrily said to me, "What's up bitch. Haven't seen you in a while. You haven't gotten your punishments as often as usual. You always seem to disappear. Here let me change that." I didn't fight back at all. I didn't even look her in the eye when she kneed me in the stomach or punch me in the same spot. She punched me a couple more times then left with her followers. Her being my only support I had I fell to the floor. Feeling numb to it all I hadn't noticed Tony sit next to me and ask what was wrong. I shook my head and rested my head on his shoulder. Frowning at my answer he reached out to pull me close to him. I leaned into him trying not to cry. I realized that this is most likely the last time that I will see him. I turned to face him and he noticed my facial expression. Before I let him speak I kissed him. I kissed him with all the passion I had for him. He kissed me back just as hard. The urge to cry was much stronger now so I stopped the kiss. We both were breathing heavily until the bell rang a couple seconds later, "I love you Tony."

I quickly got up and went to my class leaving Tony on the floor. The rest of the day went fast and I was dreading the ending. Tony had texted me along with Victoria as well. I didn't respond to either of them. I avoided everyone by going outside at breaks or staying in the bathroom. It was only until later my stomach was really starting to hurt. I was in my last class for the day and I started to think of the amazing people that I had met throughout school. Victoria I had met in first grade she talked to me first after me being the lonely kid that sits under the playground. We had no idea that our friendship would last for so long. Later on Victoria met Johnathan. After me scolding him to never hurt my best friend we all got along really well. Freshman year of high school I met Delilah. We got along really quickly and would hang out every one in a while. Then this year I met Luna. She got all shy for Delilah which I thought was adorable. I am happy for both of them even though I know they are both hurting. Delilah is trying to know why her and Luna broke up but Luna won't tell her. I have to do something for them before I disappear. I got my phone out to text Delilah first.

To Del: "Frozen yogurt later?"

I then got out of her messages and went to Luna's.

To Lu: "Frozen yogurt later?"

I leaned back in my seat and waited for their response. A couple minutes later they both responded. They both agreed and I quickly told them where and when. When that was squared away the last bell rang. My heart dropped realizing that it was going to be time to see my parents. I looked at the time and noticed I had 5 hours to kill. There was about an hour until I went to frozen yogurt with Luna and Delilah. Gosh I hope this goes good. When I disappear I want them both to be happy. I sighed and got up from my chair. I mentally slapped myself realizing that Victoria drove us both here. She probably waited for me. I walked to the front doors and saw my car still in the parking lot with Victoria sitting in the drivers seat. I ran a hand through my hair still not going outside. I pulled my phone out to text her.

To Vic: "Hey head on home I have some stuff to do."

I looked up from my phone to see if she got the message. I saw her pull out her phone and look up. I saw that her face fell but she put her phone away and drove off. It hurt seeing her like that but it had to be done. I sighed and went outside and started walking to the frozen yogurt place. It was quite a walk there but I don't mind it. I got there about 3 minutes late. I saw Delilah sitting in a booth by the door. She heard footsteps and looked up. I smiled at her and sat down across from her. We talked for a couple of minutes before I checked my time. She's a couple of minutes late. We both got up to go and get my yogurt when the door dinged several of times saying people walked in. I looked over and saw that behind everyone who had walked in Luna was looking around. I quickly looked at Delilah and said, "Here pay for me, I'll be back." She nodded and I handed her the money. I walked over to Luna and hugged her. She smiled and hugged back, "Hey Lu." She smiled and said, "Hey Faith." I took her over to the table and I told her I would be back. She had nodded and I went to the register where Delilah was paying. "Thanks come on let's go to the table." She nodded and started eating. When we got closer Luna was looking around and Delilah was looking at her frozen yogurt. When we were in front of the table they both looked at each other and locked eyes. Luna and Delilah both tensed up. Before they could say anything I spoke up, "Look I know how much you both like each other. Lu you gotta tell her and Del you have to listen. I know this was messed up but I hate seeing you both upset. I know you can work this out guys. I need to leave but please talk about this, both of you." I looked at both of them and they nodded. I pulled a seat out for Delilah and said goodbye to both of them. I looked at the time and saw I had about an hour before I needed to go back to school to face my parents. I want to drop my stuff off before I am gone. I started my walk home while I spaced out. When I got there Victoria's parents were in the livingroom eating. I waved to them and walked to my room. I set my stuff and realized I haven't ran into Victoria yet. Weird. I brushed it off and looked around my room. I threw my frozen yogurt cup away and ran a hand through my hair. I took my phone out and threw it on my bed. I don't need that anymore.

I headed back to say goodbye to Victoria's parents. They asked if I was going to eat anything but I shook my head being full from eating the frozen yogurt earlier. They nodded and waved at me I just wanted to shout and say thank you for everything that they did for me over the years. I can't they'll know something is wrong. I sighed and went out the door to make my way back to school. At the rate of how slow I am walking I'll be there right on time. Years and years I have avoided them yet here I am. Why do I have to go through this. I shook my head to myself and looked up. I'm here. I looked at the front of my school and started walking to the back where the football field was. Surprisingly the lights were still on illuminating the whole field. I walked out onto the field and saw my mom and dad both standing there. My dad had a proud smirk on his face while my mom looked pissed. I suddenly had an eerie feeling that I was being followed but I shook it off thinking it was my nerves. I walked closer to them and they both smirked. "Glad you could show up. Hope you're ready to go home." I walked closer to them then all of a sudden I heard screaming. I immediately recognized who it was. I snapped around and saw a really big guy holding and pulling Victoria from behind the bleachers. He walked over to my mom who was further back then my dad was. "I caught her sneaking behind the bleachers." Victoria and I locked eyes and all I saw was pure terror. My dad laughed and looked over at me clicking his tongue, "Tsk tsk Faith I thought you would be smarter then this." I snapped out of my trance when she started being pulled away with her fighting and reaching out to me. I lunged forward but was stopped by two other big guys holding my arms. I fought against them when Victoria was being pulled further and further away from me. My mom followed the guy who had her and my dad walked over to me. "Until next time daughter." With a swift punch I was out like a light hearing Victoria's screams get further away.