Chapter Twenty-Three: Summons

'Why can't we just tell them?' Trixx asked Alya from her place in the miraculous. She was currently transformed as Rena, and was hanging out with Chloe and Adrien at the hotel. Alya ignored her, and continued to laugh along with Chloe and Adrien... or Queen Bee and Chat Noir.

"I... I miss Plagg." Adrien said as he watched Pollen fly around the room. "He was always there for me when I needed company... he was really the reason I never got akumatized. I mean, I finished out my childhood in a cold home." His words saddened his friends. Alya 100% agreed that if she didn't have Trixx, her life would have been way worse.

"If I didn't have Pollen... I wouldn't be here right now. I would still be the snobby brat who hurt people." Chloe said. They both looked at Rena, awaiting her contribution to their conversation, peer-pressuring her to add.

"Well... if I never became friends with Trixx... I would be dead right now." Adrien's eyes went wide, but not Chloe. They had already had a conversation about that. "After everyone's disappearance, I fell into deep depression. I had cut myself all the time, and once, I even tried taking my life for good. Trixx saved me, and kept me happy. I don't think I could have ever hoped for a better friend." Chloe gave her a sad smile at her words. 'Thanks kit. I don't think I could have ever asked for a better holder either!' Alya smiled, and kept talking with the group. "Adrien, we'll get him back. We'll get them all back. This can be fixed."

"Yeah... I know. I just get so frustrated sometimes. It's been a year. I miss my kwami, I miss my best friend... I miss Bugaboo."

"I miss her too. I miss her too." Alya said. She was the only one there that knew Ladybug, was not only her close hero friend, but was also her best civilian friend.

"Rena, look!" Chloe came out of nowhere, her finger pointing at Rena's flute. It was flashing, indicating an incoming message. She pulled the instrument off Rena's back, and handed it to her. "Who's it from? I mean... we're the only miraculous holders with that number..." Adrien's eyes went wide once again as he shot up from the bed.

"What if it's Pace or Lady?"

"Only one way to find out." Alya hesitantly detached the sliding panel in the flute and read the words on her screen.

"What's it say?"

"it says... all three of us are needed by the Master."

∞∞∞∞∞

Master Fu waited for Bee, Chat, and Rena to come to his door. He had seen on the news that Adrien Agreste had been returned, and knew that he needed to speak with him. He could also sense that he had revealed himself to Alya and Chloe. He had the miraculous of the snake on his wrist. In the absence of Wayzz and the other heroes, Wang Fu had taken some extra precautions to protect himself and the miracle box, and equipped Sass. They bonded well, as Sass was very well collected and informed of the world around him. He heard a creak outside his door. "Come in heroes." The door opened a second later, and three heads popped in the crack between the door and the frame. Adrien was so confused. He had never been to Fu's home, but he recognized the old man.

"Y-you're the man I helped from the street outside the school!"

"Yes, that would be me."

"A-are you okay?"

"Young man, that was four and a half years ago. I am now 190 years old. If I am okay, that is fine. If I not, that is also fine. I appreciate your concern Mr. Agreste, but you have far more important things to be worrying about than the well-being of an old man." Adrien blushed in embarrassment.

"S-sorry."

"It is okay. I appreciate your concern, but you are an important man who need not worry." Fu turned to the other heroes, and became confused as why Alya was the only one transformed. "Rena Rouge. Why are you the only transformed?"