7-Journey to St. Smithen's

It was finally October and many things had happened. Sasha, my lab partner, had dropped certain hints that she knew about my past. I had shared my dream with her, and over the month, we had become really good friends. She seemed to be hiding something, though, and the signs were like the time I was selected to be the patsy. Chloe hung out with me, Sasha and Mike at lunch, the four of us laughing. I was bored that certain weekend, so I decided to do something stupid. I had gotten my drivers license a month before. I decided to check out St. Smithen's, or at least, where I remembered Spy School to be. I needed absolute proof that it was a dream. 

I took the car and drove it to the place where I remembered spy school was. Parking the car in a nearby place where it was hidden but able for an easy escape, I began the walk to the school. I reached the gates, and nearly gasped at what I saw. The school looked exactly like I remembered with gothic style walls, and green grounds. 

I made a split second decision and knocked at the gates. They opened ominously, as if someone inside knew I was coming. The old gates metalwork creaked, and I entered the school grounds cautiously. I knew that at any second, I could be attacked. 

I was right. As soon as I got to the door, a man in a black catsuit jumped down from above. He looked small and frail, but appearances can be deceiving. He kicked out at me, and I grabbed his leg. The older man then used that to propel him into running up me and kicking my face. I landed a right hook, feeling the metallic tint of blood in my mouth. 

"I'd rather not do this right now, Cyrus." I said, grabbing and stopping the movement of his left hand and he made to punch me again. The veteran spy seemed to be put off that I knew his name, and he struggled in my grip for a moment. 

"How do you know that name." He grunted, attempting to free himself. 

"Excelsior." It was a codeword used to identify other CIA spies. They changed every month, but I remembered Excelsior was supposed to be the word in October. At least, I hoped it was. Cyrus' eyes widened and he dropped his fists. 

"Come with me." I let him go, and followed him to the principal's office. He was still sitting there, a new toupee on his head. I sat down. 

"I found this one wandering the grounds, and he held his own against me. He knew who I was and knows the codeword." Cyrus explained, leaning in the back. The principal leaned forward, and I could swear I could hear the sounds of a hamster giggling coming from his pocket. 

"Who are you?" The principal ordered. I smirked. 

"My name is Benjamin Ripley. I believe your beta agent, Erica Hale, was supposed to recruit me to be a patsy to lure a mole out of hiding? Am I correct in that assumption, Mr. Sidebottom?" I asked, grinning slightly when I heard Cyrus stumble behind me and the principal stutter. Two people entered the room, and I turned around saying. 

"Agents Joshua Hallal and Erica Hale. So good to see you again."