21- Suspicion

I know, I know, I haven't updated in a month. You guys can yell at me later. I'm currently running purely on caffeine, 6 hours ahead of everyone else, 5 hours of sleep after 24 hours of travelling, so there may be several mistakes. I'll try to make it really long.  I love it when you guys comment and vote, so please continue! Any ideas on what's going to happen next? Who do you think is the mole?

I was helping Erica along to her place. She was crying the entire time, lamenting about how she should have seen it sooner.  I doubted he was a mole in this world, but I've been wrong before. I wondered whether there was a Murray in this timeline. 

"I'm sorry," Erica sobbed. "I got snot all o-o-o-over your sh-sh-shirt." 

I looked down and laughed. 

"I didn't even notice. C'mon, you're my biggest priority. Erica, did Josh ever... hurt you?" Erica looked at the ground and gave a nearly imperceptible shake of her head. I exhaled in relief, but it wasn't over. She was barely walking, and people were beginning to stare. I narrowed my eyes at passing students who had their phones out and were unabashedly taking video. 

"So sorry for this." I picked up Erica bridal style and began running to my room. If she was correct that Josh was the mole, I couldn't bring her to the apartment. Maybe he had found out that she knew and would hurt her. I wouldn't put it past him. Erica shrieked. 

Honestly, when I learned that I was some sort of experiment, I thought it was terrible. I had been tricked and given to something against my will. Part of me still does. Then, I thought on the bright side. Mike always joked that if optimists kept looking on the bright side, they'll go blind. But because of this "super spy" thing, I would be able to save more people. I was sort of like Captain America. I had no idea who the mole was, and I had yet to tell Mike his mission; at the very least, why he was there. I couldn't predict at the time how upset he would be. 

I lay Erica down on my bed. She had fallen asleep while I was running, something I was incredibly jealous of. She looked so vulnerable asleep, her brown hair spread out like a halo, and her blue eyes, now rimmed with red, lightly closed. 

"I'll be back, Ice Queen."

I ran to her apartment, stopping right in front of the door. I grabbed a safety pin from my pocket and began to pick the lock. Noises were heard from within, and I narrowed my eyes. The door unlocked itself and I opened it quietly. Sounds were coming from the bedroom. 

"Oh!" Someone exclaimed. I gaped. Questions raced through my mind. Was Josh doing what I thought he was? Why would anyone do that to a girl like Erica? Didn't he realise that by doing this, he was basically damning himself? 

I thought of Erica laying down back in my room, heartbroken already. I would be there to pick up the pieces, but she really didn't deserve this. I set my jaw. I was going to teach Erica how to be Ice Queen after I dealt with this. 

I opened the door. Just as I suspected, Joshua Hallal was going to town with a small woman with blonde hair. 

"Josh, I-" I pretended I hadn't known what they were doing. 

"What the heck is going on here?" I convincingly roared. They stopped, staring up at me wide-eyed. My mouth went open a little bit more when I realised who the girl was. 

"You're cheating on Erica?!" Josh was outright glaring at me now. 

"Don't you knock?" He snarked back coldly. I clenched my teeth. 

"Want to join now that you're here?" The woman spoke up, her eyes glimmering with mirth. 

"I'm good, Ashley. You cheated on Nefarious as well, and as a teacher, I'm not going to join you."