Ch. 21

Survey Corps HQ slowly shows itself through the trees, I ask Juro, "How are we going to explain everything to everyone?"

"I don't know, but I think we need to apologize to everyone first", he replies scratching the back of his head.

"Oh", I murmur sheepishly. "That..."

"They're going to bombard us about our birthdays", Juro said sighing.

I sigh along with him, knowing everybody is going to want to know what's going to happen on our birthdays. I hate our birthday, I thought coldly. I never want to think or celebrate it ever again. Juro says unexpectedly, "They look the same as they did when we were kids."

I tense up softly before changing the subject. "Do you think we can really trust them?"

"I don't know", he admits, his hands clenching and unclenching. "We don't know anything about anything. I feel like a cub when I'm around them."

"Me too", I growl vexed. "I want their help but...I don't want them to find out about who our mates are. Just in case this is all a trick and they tell Alpha Black so he can use it against us."

Juro growls fiercely at my words before shaking his head. "Anyway, they have a right to know. You don't want them to put Hanji on us. Remember how annoying she was during Mating Season?"

"If I wasn't in a sexual euphoria, I would've killed her", I growled.

We laugh and I punch my brother's shoulder. I look up to see Erwin watching us as we made our way toward the open. Juro and I look at each other before sighing. I thought bitterly, it's time to face the music.

---

"Are you going to tell us what all of this is about?" Erwin asks monotonously.

"If we told you to drop it, would you?" I ask hopefully.

"No", he replies in a harsh tone.

Juro and I sigh as we're scrutinized by Erwin, Levi, Hanji, Eren, Armin, and Mikasa. Juro begins, "First of all, our birthdays aren't in a few weeks. It's in a few days."

Their eyes widen slightly but they remained quiet. I add menacingly, "Don't even think about planning a party or anything like that. We don't want to celebrate it, got it?"

"Why?" Eren blurts out.

Aiyana rises and we growl, "How would you feel if someone celebrated the day your parents were murdered?"

They stood shell-shock and Juro puts a firm hand on my arm to give consolation. He says soothingly, "It's okay, Miyako. Breathe."

I breathe shakily as I tried to persuade Aiyana to let me resume my control. I shake my head in pain and held a hand to my forehead as she fights me. Levi asks wary, "What's going on with her?"

"It's because of what's coming. We're both going through some changes. This...is one of them", Juro says looking at me worried. "Our control on our wolves is weakening. We won't be able to stay as Juro and Miyako."

"You mean we'll meet Malakai and Aiyana?" Armin inquires curiously.

"Yes, when that happens, we won't be able to stop them if they try to do anything that isn't...appropriate?" Juro says questionably.

I release the breath I was holding and lean against Juro, panting breathlessly. Juro cups my chin in his hand and peers into my face, looking for something. He growls, "You're losing control faster than I thought."

"We are...both...short-tempered..." I pant tiredly. "A-And... stubborn."

He grunts in response and slowly lays me down on his lap. "Rest."