Ch. 22

"MIYAKO!"

I snap upright in bed, Aiyana already there, when I heard Erwin call me. Aiyana growls, "Mate is in danger."

I jump out of bed, shifting into my wolf form and dashing toward where Erwin is. I meet up with Juro along the way who's walking with Eren, Mikasa and Armin. He asks alarmed, "Miyako, what's wrong?"

"Erwin", I respond quickly.

I heard them chase after me, but I couldn't wait for them. I must save Erwin, I thought desperately. I burst through the dining hall doors and see everyone is tied down onto the tables surrounded by werewolves where Alpha Black stood in the middle of it all with his second Beta in command, Ricki, and our mother's best-friend-turned-traitor, holding my mate with her claws against his neck. Aiyana snarls furiously through me, "Get your claws away from our mate."

"Your mate?" Alpha Black says seething. "This human?"

I sense Juro come in with the others and he says warningly, "Let him go, Alpha Black."

"Do you two know that all of these pathetic humans know that you are werewolves? About us?" he says glaring at us with a deadly gleam in his eyes.

"Yes", Juro replies, standing defiantly. "We told them."

"WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO TELL THESE HUMANS?" he roars using his alpha voice.

But surprisingly, it didn't have any effect on us. Juro smirks and growls, "We didn't think we needed your permission."

His wolves snarl threateningly at us and started to advance, but Alpha Black sent them a look and they backed off. I tense up when my instincts suddenly flared up and I turn around swiftly to be barreled into. I find myself underneath Ben in his sandy brown wolf form and he growls, "You're going to regret going against our Alpha."

We snarl, and snap at his face and we claw him above his eye. He whines and gets off me. Alpha Black's wolves suddenly surged towards us and I find myself swept under fangs and claws. Aiyana and I involuntarily turn back into our human form and Ben hold me against him, holding my arms against my back as he pushes me against the ground. Juro is in a similar position next to me as we're positioned where Alpha Black can look down at us. Malakai snarls through Juro, "Leave him alone."

I turn to see a werewolf rough-handling Armin and I snarl along with Juro. Alpha Black growls, "Another human? As a mate?"

He stands up and grabs Armin by his shirt, staring at his face with glowing red eyes. "I don't know what they see in you. You're nothing but an appetizer for the Titans."

"Shut up!" Malakai roars. "Let my mate go."

Alpha Black throws him back to the werewolf and the wolf holds him with his claws against Armin's throat. Juro and I snarl along with our wolves, "If anything happens to our mates, Marcel, we're going to give you a pain worse than death."

~

Alpha Black only scoffs at their threat and looks around our building. Marcel says casually, "You know, this is a very nice establishment. Humans did always have a way of building things. That's probably the only thing humanity is good for."

I grunt softly as the Nightcrawler dig her claws more against my skin. I look around to see that the werewolves outnumber us, and they have everyone tied up. Then Marcel turns to me and says coldly, "Commander Erwin, you are the one that took my Miyako away from me."

"She's not yours", I hissed possessively.

Marcel narrows his eyes and steps right up to my face. He says ominously, "No, she's not."