Ch. 7

We walk back through the gates and I couldn't help feeling claustrophobic with the walls looming around us. I don't understand how these humans live like this day by day, I thought astonished. I'm more worried if we passed the test. I know what Alpha Black would do to us if we failed. I feel my wolf snarl inside me as I glance over at Juro. I'll kill him if he lays a hand on Juro, I thought murderously.

We arrive at HQ where I see Alpha Black and Corporal Shadis standing there together waiting. I straighten my back as we stop and get off our horses, making our way to them, Erwin following close behind. Alpha Black says holding his arms wide open, "Alex, Catherine, you're alive! How about a hug for your favorite uncle?"

Juro and I back away from his embrace and I growl, "My favorite uncle would be Uncle Georgie, not you."

He only grins manically and turns to Erwin with an expectant smile. Alpha Black asks, "How were they?"

"They acted irrationally, risking the lives of my men, and their attitudes towards those in charge is a real problem", Erwin said bluntly.

I see Alpha Black freeze before I felt the stinging sensation on my cheek as a loud slap resonated through the air. It was silent as I touch my cheek in shock to only feel numbness. I didn't even realize the murderous aura coming from Juro until it was too late to stop him. Alpha Black and Juro tumble and start wrestling on the ground, making me snap out of it. I immediately jump and help the men scrambling to pull them apart.

I push on Juro's chest, warning him to back off, but then I see Alpha Black's satisfied smirk. Everything turn red and I charge forward, only to be held back when someone wrapped their arms over my arms and waist to hold them down, and over my chest to hold me back. I snarl annoyed and thrash angrily against the person restraining me. I hear a calm yet strained voice whisper to me, "Breathe Catherine."

I ignore him and glare daggers at Alpha Black. He states unexpectedly, "You are doing exactly what he wants you to do."

That made me stop in my tracks and Erwin continues, "He's getting more power from you than you are trying to kill him. Calm down. Don't let him win."

He's right, I thought defeated. I fell for it again. I slowly relax, reeling in my bloodlust and my wolf though she was strangely compliant. I nod my head at him to tell him I'm calm and turn to find Armin successfully calming my brother down. I tilt my head in curiosity. I've been the only one who's been able to calm down Juro and vice versa.

I look over to see Erwin staring at my cheek intensely and I turn away, hiding my cheek with my hair humiliated. I wonder why these two managed to do it so easily? I look over at Alpha Black and feel my blood boil. I snarl, "You son of a bitch!"

"I only did it to give you sympathy from Commander Erwin", he says innocently.

"That's bullshit", Juro growls viciously.

"Only partially", he teases.

I clench my fists, thinking back to what Erwin told me. Calm down Miyako, I chanted in my head. He's only trying to get another rise out of you. Corporal Shadis appears at my side suddenly and cups my cheek, the one that Alpha Black slapped, and he asks worriedly, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine", I said wincing slightly as he touches around the edges.

"This is going to leave a bruise", he said with a dark look on his face.

"Don't worry about it. I'm a fast healer", I said smiling carefully, trying not to hurt my cheek.

"Lord Marcel, I would appreciate it if you kept your hands off my soldiers", Erwin declares loudly.

Alpha Black froze in surprise for a second before grinning. "I take it my darlings passed your test."

"They did", he said curtly.

He claps his hands together and chuckles, "Wonderful! Now you don't mind if I borrow them for a few minutes?"

Juro and I freeze at his words and I unconsciously took a step toward Juro and sense him do the same. Shadis asks coldly, "What do you need them for?"

"Personal business", Alpha Black said vaguely.

"Is this alright with you?" Erwin asks us.

Alpha Black glares at us, his eyes slightly turning red. I nodded reluctantly and Juro says reassuringly, "Don't worry this will be quick."

We walk away from everyone's worried glances and head into the forest surrounding HQ. Alpha Black stops and lets out a laugh. He admits grinning at us, "I have to say. I was hoping for you two to fail so I could get rid of you."

"How unfortunate for you", I said stiffly.

"How's your cheek? I didn't hurt it too bad, did I?" Alpha Black asks faking guilt.

"Barely even felt it", I said coolly.

He smirks and begins, "Now that you're a part of the Survey Corps, I want you to find me the Armored Titan and the Colossal Titan."

"What do you want us to do when we do find them?" Juro asks gruffly.

"Watch them, but don't tell them about our kind. I want to see what they're planning first", he muses to himself.

"Why couldn't your pack do this?" I inquire seething.

"I already have them working on something else and unlike you, people know their faces. I needed someone who is a stranger to the humans, in case you slip up and I'll leave you to clean up your own messes", Alpha Black said casually.

"You mean in case the humans figure out that we don't belong here and try to kill us", Juro snarls.

"See? Therefore, I have the utmost faith in you", Alpha Black says manically. "But I feel like I must warn you..."

Alpha Black suddenly glares at us, letting loose his alpha aura, but Juro and I fight against it. Alpha Black threatens, "Fail me and I'll give you a fate worse than what I gave to your parents."

We glare at him and he goes back to normal. Juro and I fall to our knees breathing heavily. He says cheerfully, "Come along now. We mustn't keep your new Commander waiting."

~