Ch. 11

After Levi told us about what he witnessed in the library, I said desperately, "You're lying."

"Hanji and I saw everything, Armin. I'm not lying", Levi said blankly.

Tears stream down my face as I asked, "What are you going to do now?"

"We'll see what they're doing here inside the walls in the first place and why did they lie to us", Erwin said to us. "Until then we must act like everything is normal."

"Normal about what?"

We turn to see Alex and Catherine-or rather Juro and Miyako walk through the doorway. Juro sees me crying and his eyes widen with worry. He walks over and kneels in front of me, softly wiping away my tears with his thumb. Juro asks concerned, "What happened? Why are you crying?"

They're the same, I thought in realization. Alex and Juro's eyes are the same color of dark forest green. How could I have not seen it before? I hug Juro tightly around his neck and felt the same warmth I feel when I hug him in his wolf form. Juro pats my back soothingly and he growls accusingly, "What did you say to him to make him cry?"

"N-Nothing", Eren stammers under Juro's glare.

"Then what happened?" Miyako snaps angrily.

I pull away from Juro but leave my arms around his neck. I said reassuring them, "I'm fine. We were just talking about something from my past."

"Your past?" Juro questions skeptically.

"You know about what happened in the Shiganshina District", Mikasa says nonchalantly, testing him.

"What happened in the Shiganshina District?" Miyako asks confused.

I see Erwin's eyes narrow along with everyone else's at her question. Levi said dismissively, "Don't worry about it."

"Alright..." Juro said wary. "What do you have to act normal about?"

"Reiner and Bertolt are Titan shifters", Erwin lies effortlessly.

They tense up and Miyako asks curiously, "How do you know this?"

"They told me to join them and confessed that they were Titan shifters", Eren lies quickly.

Miyako and Juro look at each other, appearing to have a conversation. Now I realize that's probably exactly what they're doing. This whole time, I thought feeling betrayed. Miyako asks us, "Alright then, what do you plan to do now?"

"We'll watch their movements and wait until I can get permission to go on an expedition", Erwin says calmly.

"Go eat, brats. I'll see you at training tomorrow", Levi says clicking his tongue.

We leave Erwin's office and Miyako groans, "I'm starving. I skipped breakfast."

"Because you never wake up, I have to wake you up", Juro remarks.

"I know. I love you for it, little bro", Miyako giggles, ruffling his hair.

"I told you to not touch my hair", he growls.

We follow behind them as they bicker lightly with each other. This whole time, they were inside the walls, right next to us. I stare longingly at Juro. Despite being lied to, I can't force myself to hate Juro, but it makes me wonder...

What are they hiding from us?

~

When the night takes over, Miyako and I head into the woods to meet Alpha Black. I breathe in the smell of pine to calm my nerves and try to feel at home. I can't wait for this expedition. My wolf feels like it wants to burst right out of my bones. We reach a clearing where we see Alpha Black already there waiting.