Ch. 18

2 weeks later...

While Juro and Miyako were gone, Marcel came to visit us several times, demanding us to tell him where they are, but none of us knew, and I could feel his desire to rip all of us into pieces. Erwin and Armin have both become the living dead. They seem to go through the motions of routine. Erwin working robotically on his paperwork, forgetting to take a break and eat. Armin locks himself in the library after training is done. It's like Juro and Miyako were the glue that held them together.

I thought a little bit jealous, is this the bond between mates?

"Oi, brat!" I hear Levi's voice call out.

I jump and turn around to look down at Corporal Levi. I blush slightly and stuttered, "Y-Yes?"

"Let's go get Armin and Erwin. I can't take much of their moping for any longer", Levi says bitterly.

I nod in agreement and we walk toward Erwin's office first since it's closer in silence. I open my mouth to try to talk to him, but I immediately stop myself and look down at the floor in defeat. I can't stop the flutter of butterflies in my stomach whenever Levi is around me, but... I know we can't be together. He's tasked to kill me if I ever turn on them or if I can't control my Titan.

Besides, he's my superior and I'm just a soldier. It'll never work out. Levi knocks on Erwin's door before we head inside. We see Erwin there with dark bags under his eyes and he looks 10 years older than he really is. Levi tells him, "Mating Season ends today."

Erwin freezes and slowly looks up from his paperwork. He clears his throat before asking hopefully, "That's today?"

"Yes, the brats come home today", Levi states blankly.

Erwin got up from his seat purposefully and grabs his cloak. "Let's get a move on then."

We leave his office to see Armin and Mikasa there outside the door. Armin looks tired, yet I could tell he was excited. I ask Mikasa, "You told him?"

"Yes", she answers simply.

"Let's go", Armin said impatiently.

We follow Armin as he walks quickly, like dogs were nipping at his heels. We go outside were we see Armin tackled to the ground by a huge black wolf. I tense, readying for a fight until we heard Armin's familiar laughter ringing out through the air. A white blur charges towards us and Erwin is next to being tackled to the ground. I watch happily as Armin and Erwin seem to return to being themselves.

The wolves turn back into human forms and I advert my eyes when I see Miyako is wearing nothing but her bra and Juro is not wearing a shirt either. Armin blushes at the sight of it and cups his hands over his nose. He asks embarrassed, "Where's your shirt?"

Juro chuckles and only says, "Ask Hanji."

Off in the distance, we see Hanji marching towards us with a wide grin on her face...and in her hands were two shirts. Miyako says as I open my mouth, "Don't ask."

I watch as Erwin covers Miyako with his cloak. She grins and leans into him, appearing content in his arms. I look over at Armin and Juro, who seems keep a firm hold on Armin as he takes in his scent. I frown slightly when I see they still have their ears and tails. I ask them, "Why do you still have those?"

"Technically, it's still mating season until midnight", Miyako replies.

"But don't worry, we won't do anything to Armin or Erwin", Juro promises.

"Well, nothing they don't want", Miyako purrs, pushing her breasts together erotically in front of Erwin's face.

Hanji appears out of nowhere and pulls lightly on Miyako's wolf ear, making her snarl.