Ch. 9

"Why can't I stop thinking about him?" I thought as I wandered the halls late at night. Ever since he kissed me, I can't get him out of my head. I shake my head and thought confused, do I like Alex? Then Juro pops up in my head and I groan in frustration. Why am I hung up on him? I don't even know if he can become human!

Suddenly I hear something, and I freeze wondering who's up this late at night. Then I hear someone whisper, "Armin."

"Bah!" I shouted in surprise.

Someone covers my mouth and I see Mikasa and Eren. I sigh and move Mikasa's hand away. I scold angrily, "Don't do that!"

"We're sorry but you've been acting weird since this afternoon", Eren says worriedly.

"Especially when Alex was around", Mikasa added wary.

I become a hot sputtering mess at the sound of his name as I try to defend myself. Eren asks suspiciously, "Did something happen between you two?"

I turn on my heel and start power walking away. Mikasa says loudly, "Wait."

They easily caught up to me in seconds. Eren grabs me by my shoulder to stop me. He questions concerned, "What happened?"

"He kissed me", I blurted out.

"What!" they shouted.

I blush brighter and start walking away again. They caught up to me again and Mikasa asks, "When did-"

A loud snarl interrupted her, and we turn to see a large black wolf in front of us. I said unconsciously, "That's not Juro."

We back away as it approaches. Then two more wolves appear from the shadows to join it, both are gray. Eren whispers calmly, "What are we going to do?"

They snap at Eren and we jump, moving more quickly away from them. I hear one say suddenly, "You weren't supposed to be awake."

Then the black wolf lunges at me and I shut my eyes, so I wouldn't see what will happen next. I wait to feel the wolf's fangs yet feel nothing. I hear snarls and a wolf yelp in pain, and few of the wolves' bark threateningly. I slowly open my eyes to see two more wolves but I'm gladder to see them than the others. I gasp, "Juro!"

"Be quiet", he snarls at me.

I shut my mouth as Miyako says to the wolves, "Leave. You don't belong here."

The black wolves seem to say something only to them before they all leave. Mikasa asks, "What are you doing here?"

They sit down in front of us and Miyako growls annoyed, "We followed them inside the walls. We're not here by choice." She shakes her head and looks at us, her tail wagging slightly. "How have you been?"

"Juro!" I said excitedly, hugging him around his neck.

I hear him purr as he tries to lick my face. He says fondly, "Armin."

I pull away and see Miyako letting Mikasa and Eren pet her, even hugging her as well. Juro asks, "Are any of you hurt?"

"No, we're fine thanks to you", Mikasa reassures them.

"Oh, you have to meet Commander Erwin", Eren says in realization.

"Who?" Juro and Miyako said in unison.

"Follow us."

---

"If she doesn't stop staring, I'm going to claw out her eyeballs", Miyako threatens glaring at Hanji.