Ch. 13

"Is everything good on your side?" Juro asks as I scan my surroundings.

"No sign of them attempting to shift into Titans", I replied curtly.

Erwin changed everyone's positions in the formation. I'm in the middle of it all to keep an eye on Reiner and Bertolt who are in the back. Thanks to our heightened eyesight, I can see everything within 100 miles and the Titan shifters are right in my line of view. I look at my group and hope desperately that none of them die today. They don't know what I am, and they might think I'm a monster when they find out, but no one deserves to die by the Titans or by the shifters.

Suddenly there's a lightning strike whereas the sky is clear. I look back at Reiner and Bertolt to see both Titan shifters are inexplicably gone. I begin, "Juro-"

"Look out!" a soldier yell at me.

A shadow envelops me, and I look up to see the Armored Titan, Reiner. I shout at the soldiers, "Run!"

I use my 3DMG to get out of the way as Reiner brings his fist down, killing my horse. I twist in the air as I latch onto Reiner, facing him. He watches me with a cold gleam in his eyes and I let my eyes glow yellow. I yell loudly, "Show me what you got! Bring it on!"

Instead of going after me like I expected, he goes after my team. My eyes widen in astonishment before I narrow them in anger, and I let myself be pulled closer to him and I take out my blades and stab him where I know he's inside controlling the Titan's body. He screeches in pain and as he turns to look at me, I stab him in the eye. Suck on that asshole, I thought fiercely. I sense something coming and I eject my blade, leaving it in his eye, and get out of the way as his hand slaps his eyes only achieving to pushing the blade inside more.

I crash on the ground and I roll to land in a crouch. In the distance, I see that my group is long gone. Good. My instincts flare up and I look up to see Reiner's foot.

~

"Miyako!" Juro cries out suddenly.

I ask alarmed, "What happened?"

"She's gone", Juro says shocked.

Our eyes widen as a black flare is shot into the air. I hear Juro growl monotonously, "They're going to pay."

Tears stream down his face as he shifted into something that is between man and wolf. I feel something wet on my face and I look at my fingertips to see them wet. I'm crying? I thought bewildered. I snap out of it when I hear Titan's footsteps coming towards us. I glance behind me to see the Colossal and Armored Titan coming our way.

I ask Juro, "Are you able to fight?"

Juro nods coldly and we all stop as Juro gets off his horse. Juro declares, "I'm going to kill them."

"Be careful", Armin says knowing he can't stop him.

Juro pulls him into his arms and kisses him ferociously. Juro whispers something in his ear before running away, jumping in the air and shifting into a 15-meter wolf. I order everyone, "Up in the trees."

I hear Levi warn Eren, "Don't go after Juro. He can handle himself."

Eren looks at the two Titan shifters and Juro who's going alone to fight them. He apologizes, "I'm sorry."

He runs, biting into his hand. We cover our eyes as lightning strikes down on him, causing an explosion. Eren is now a 15-meter tall Titan. I look at Reiner to see smoke coming out of his eye. I smile slightly as I thought, Miyako didn't go down without a fight. Flashes of my memory of her play through my head and I shake it. Why is her death affecting me so much?