Ch. 23

We watched the two werewolves as they slept in the beds of the infirmary. Miyako's words kept replaying in our minds. I've never thought about their lives outside the walls nor how they lived after the death of their parents. I didn't suspect that it was that hard for them to survive. Miyako and Juro act so strong and kind, not bitter and angry like you'd suspect.

Though...I think they bury their anger inside and live going through day, by day, by day...

"Why didn't they talk about their past with us?" Armin asks softly, running his fingers through Juro's hair.

"They didn't want to look down upon and pitied", Mikasa says sympathetically.

We stare at Juro and Miyako as they sleep. Yesterday, Miyako had a hard time keeping herself in control and it started to effect Juro, making him anxious, which gave Malakai the prime opportunity to try to take control. It was a long night, but Miyako and Juro were finally able to calm down. It's only a matter of time until-

Miyako and Juro suddenly gasp and snap upright in bed. Armin says worriedly, "Juro."

He chuckles, "It's adorable when you can't tell the difference between us."

We freeze as Armin asks shocked, "Malakai?"

Armin squeals in surprise when Malakai swiftly pulls him into his lap and holds him there. Malakai purrs, "Yes, my perfect mate?"

I study Juro's appearance to see he's become more defined yet rugged, and his eyes glow an eerie green. A whole different person, I thought looking at Malakai whose eyes gleamed with devilishness. Eren growls, "Malakai, let Armin go."

"No", Malakai responds immediately.

Someone suddenly wraps their arms around me from behind and I hear Aiyana's sultry voice say, "Erwin, let's go have sex."

Everyone looks at her in shock, except for Malakai who seems to only care about Armin. I said blankly, "You're here too, Aiyana? Where's Miyako?"

"Oh, don't worry about her", Aiyana giggles coming around to hug me from the front. "She's not going to bother us for quite a while."

She grabs me by the shirt and brings my lips down for a searing hot kiss. I hear Levi clicks his tongue and grunts, "Great, we have to deal with pervy wolves."

"You can blame Juro and Miyako for that", Malakai said absently.

Aiyana pulls away from the kiss, leaving me slightly dazed. "Since they didn't take you during Mating Season or during our favorite make-out sessions. We're extra horny."

"What do you expect to happen until it's time for your birthday?" Mikasa asks hesitantly.

"Sex", the wolves said in unison.

Armin blushes as red as a tomato while I cover my face in embarrassment, silently thinking that wouldn't be so bad. Hanji has a major nose bleed as she giggles fanatically. She asks, "Can I watch?"

Eren, Mikasa, and Levi glare at her while Armin stutters mortified, "D-Do w-we have t-to d-do u-um...that?"

"What else would we do?" Aiyana asks bored.

"How about focusing your energy on preparing for your coronation?"

We turn around to see George and Victoria in the doorway and Malakai and Aiyana immediately growl at them warningly, but they don't move an inch from their place.

"Georgie, we thought we scared you away. What are you doing here?" Aiyana questions bitterly.

"It'll take more than that to scare us away, Aiyana", George said with a small smile.

"You can't believe we'll let you off the hook from training, did you?" Victoria said with a hard scowl.

"We can only hope", Malakai grunts.

"Come on you two", George orders lightly. "This is going to change the course of your life."

~

"Wolves do not dance", my sister said coldly.

"You must pay reverence to the Moon goddess before you can go through the change", Victoria urges.

"Can't we kill an elk or something?" I said bored.

"Werewolves are not permitted to kill on the day of their coronation", George stated firmly.

"Well that's bullshit", Aiyana growls.

"Language, young lady", Victoria scolds.

"If you haven't noticed, I'm far from the definition of a lady", Aiyana scoffs.

"Don't worry, when I'm done with you, you'll be the paragon of the definition of a lady", Victoria declares confidently.

"I wouldn't count on it", I chuckled smirking.

"Alright that's enough", George says with a noticeable smirk. "Let's get on with it. You two both know the dance. It's inherited to our kind. It's in our blood."

Aiyana and I roll our eyes. Of course, we knew the dance. We've made Juro and Miyako practice it whenever there was a full moon since we were left to survive in the forest alone.

Aiyana and I separate from each other's sides and walk to the middle of the field. We close our eyes and listen to the call of the moon. There, I thought peacefully as the lightest twinkling of the moon's magical song. I raise one arm in a high sweep as I skip along with one foot, like a trot of a horse. I sweep my arm down low, meeting with Aiyana's hand and grab it. We rise from the ground together slowly as I begin to twirl her, and she does the same once I'm done. We move away from each other and I slowly shift into my wolf form slowly to purposefully feel the pain of the transformation as I did when I first shifted. I open my eyes to see my sister's wolf form running towards me and I dash towards her as the last minute she jumps up and twirls overhead as she goes over me. I turn swiftly and jump over her, then we continue jumping over each other, over and over, appearing to everyone else that the color of our fur changes from white to black and back. We fall back from each other and slowly turn back into humans. We wave our bodies up and down as if we're taking in the moonlight of the full moon. I suddenly felt something shift inside me and my movements falter as I try to move past it. I sensed something churning inside me and I instantly recognized it as the new entity that's waiting for me to unleash it, but I'm not ready. I whine as I fall to the ground, breathing heavily. I look up as Aiyana lasts a bit longer before collapsing to the ground.

"You felt it, didn't you?" George asks us as he walks up to us.

"Yes", I panted.

"It's powerful, but..." Aiyana trails off breathlessly.

"You will not be able to free it as wolves. Together you and Juro, and you and Aiyana together will become one and then, and only then will you be able to release the power already flowing inside you", George says wisely.

"Until then?" Aiyana questions looking determined.

"We prepare."

~

Over the days, George and Victoria helped the two cubs to train themselves and their body for their coming of age coronation. The humans looked on with interest, but Victoria has warned them to keep their distance, especially empathizing the importance of this to the cub's mates. Victoria works on sewing the traditional garments and paints used for this ancient ritual with the help of Armin, who wants to be a part of Juro and Malakai's heritage. George is the one who trains the cubs relentlessly and without mercy with the help of Erwin as Aiyana seems to fight with George every step of the way out of spite.

Meanwhile, Alpha Black receives reports of this from his werewolf spies, enraged by the mutiny of George and Victoria. First, he found out that they killed two of his best Betas, now he finds them helping the two cubs of his former enemies.

There will be repercussions...Of that I promise, Alpha Black thought murderously.