The Morning Part 2

Joe's POV

I came downstairs and I smelt something delicious. Mmmh! Yummy. He was just plating some pancakes up as I sat down at the table. I smiled. "These smell delicious" I said as he poured some orange juice into some glasses.

"Thanks" he said "let's just hope that they taste as good as they smell" he chuckled.

"Can I have some syrup?" I asked.

He gave me some syrup, sugar-free.

"Sugar-free? Are you on a diet or something" I asked him as he sat down.

"Uhm... no. I have diabetes" he said, looking down.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. I didn't know!" I said hurriedly.

"No no. It's good." He smiled at me and started eating.

I smiled too and started eating.

Narrator's POV

After the two ate, Nick washed up and Joe dried up, insisting that he didn't want Nick to do all the work.

"I need to go to the bathroom" Joe said once they finished their jobs.

"Oh, okay. It's upstairs, first door on your right" Nick smiled.

Joe ran to the bathroom and Nick put the dishes away. Once he did he heard a beep. Was that my phone? He thought. No, it was Joe's.

He picked up the phone and read the message that a friend called Amber sent him.

Nick's POV

Happy Birthday Joe? It's his birthday today? Shit. I didn't know. I felt bad.

Joe walked down the stairs and I quickly put the phone back.

"Hey" Joe said cheerfully.

"How about I take you out today?" I asked him

He look a little surprised.

"Uhm. Sure" he smiled.

"Great" I said and smiled