What's wrong with you?

Narrator's POV

Joe sat and sighed. He was tired. He had hardly done anything today but he still felt worn out.

A door slammed shut. It was Nick home from work. He seemed upset or pissed or maybe both.

"Baby? Can you get me a drink? I'm so tired..." Joe said.

Nick chuckled dryly.

"You're tired? I'm the one who has to stay up all night, fetching you food and drink when you need it and then I have to work all day" Nick said trying to hold his anger back.

"But..." Joe started.

"Just forget it... I'll get your drink" Nick sighed sadly and went to go get Joe a drink.

Joe sighed. What the Fuck is wrong with him? He's being a big ass. Nick put Joe's drink down on the coffee table infront of him and he plonked down on the couch.

"I'm sorry Joey... it's just... well... it's just been a long day" Nick said.

Joe looked at him. Nick looks absolutely shattered.

"It's fine baby. How about you have a nap?" Joe suggested, playing with Nick's hair.

Nick sighed.

"But what about you..."

"I'll be fine for a few hours. Rest, you need it baby" Joe said softly.

Nick bit his lip

"Okay" Nick whispered and he went upstairs.

Joe was confused. Nick sounded...sad? Why was Nick sad? Did something happen at work? Did I do something?

All these questions were flying around Joe's head and they kept replaying in his mind until he found himself drifting into dreamland.