Bad news

Narrator's POV

A teacher pulls Taylor off of Joe. There was one problem... Joe wasn't moving.

"JOE!!!" Amber screamed, rushing to Joe's side. "Joe! Joe! Wake up!" She cried.

The young teacher quickly whipped her mobile out and dialed 911. She was freaking out, she's probably only a teacher for a year or two, she probably hasn't been in a situation like this before.

When the paramedics arrive.

They put Joe on a stretcher and put a whole load of other shit on him, they put him in the ambulance. Amber got in with him after getting permission from the teacher. She took Joe's hand, she was crying but also praying that Joe will be okay.

At the hospital

Amber sat in the waiting room. They didn't let her go through with him.

"Bastards" she muttered under her breath. Someone popped in her mind... Nick... Joe's boyfriend! The father of his baby. Nick needed to know. She picked up her phone and dialed Nick's number.

"Hello?" Nick answered

"Nick, I need you" Amber said.

"I'm busy, sorry" Nick said.

"Joe's in the hospital!!!!" Amber yelled.

"Wait... WHAT?! Is he okay?! What happened?" Nick said, panicking.

"He got hurt at school. I don't know if he's okay, they won't let me see him... just come to St Luke's Hospital" Amber said calmly.

"Okay! I'm on my way" Nick said and then he hung up.

20 minutes later

Nick ran to where Amber was sitting

"Have you heard anything yet?" Nick asked desperately.

"No, sorry" Amber replied sadly.

Nick sighed and sat down.

"So what happened?" Nick asked

"Someone called a faggot and shit and... I don't know... he just got mad. He called him and asshole and he got beat up..." Amber replied.

"My baby boy..." Nick started to cry.

Amber put an arm around him.

"Joe's a strong boy... he'll be fine" she reassured him.

"Joseph Adams?" A doctor called out.

Nick and Amber jumped up.

"Is he okay?" Nick asked.

"I'll need you both to sit down" he said seriously.

Nick felt sick. It's never good when they say that.

"Joseph is fine, he just has a few cuts and bruises. But... I have someone bad news..." the doctor said

Nick almost stopped breathing.