Chapter 36

" How long will it take Kuvvet to start flying ?"
I question Khsjc about my lovely little unicorn who I have recently named Kuvvet which my friend here had told me means strong in ancient djinn language.

Khsjc chuckles " He is still too young , it will take him two more years to have enough strength in his wings "

I pout but happily pat my unicorn who over the course of time thanks to Khsjc's abd my daily visit to the stables had made become bold enough to nudge me when I don't give him his precious apple on time or when he realizes that I'm not paying him attention.

He is quite an attention seeker .

" We should have named you 'Brat' " I say grinning and he snorts at me as if to say sure , go ahead.

" I think you have spoiled him with all the pampering " Khsjc adds good naturedly " You spend almost your entire day in the stables down here with him "

I roll my eyes standing up to get Kuvvet another Apple " As if you don't ! "

" Your girlfriend must be jealous of all the time you spend down here with him and me " I toss Kuvvet a new apple to devour .

" I don't have a girlfriend " Khsjc says surprising me , given the way he looks I'm sure he has a of girls swooning over to date him.

" Why ? " I arch an eyebrow teasing him
" Don't tell me you are crushing on someone but haven't told her yet?"

" What if I do like someone ?" He questions looking at me.

" Then go for it ! tell her you like her " he has got the reputation, the perfect looks and a nice personality. Any girl would want to be with him.

" Maybe I will " his lips lift up in a small smile as confidence seeps into his voice but it is his eyes ........they suddenly seem different as they fix on me.

The twinkle and the intensity of his thunder coloured grey eyes remain focused on me,his gaze wordless yet loud for so long that it starts making me feel strange because they are really intense as if his eyes aren't capable of looking at anything else in the entire world except me.

Despite being told a thousand times by Jabeen to never do this as a princess , I'm the first one who gives into the urge to the break eye contact and look down on the ground.

Having him look at me that way is very strange .He has never looked at me that way before " Umm...I think....I should get going "

Just then the sounds from the bell towers fill the sky announcing the arrival of our soldiers from the border . Prince Ruslan will be among them.

Excitement of seeing the Prince after such a long time fills me so swiftly I step away from Khsjc
" They came ! We should go up and meet them "

I'm about to turn around when suddenly Khsjc takes hold of my hand. This unusual action surprises me but he holds my eyes with his as he lowers his mouth to the back of my hand and brushes his lips across my knuckles in a gentle kiss " It's always a pleasure to meet in the stables with you every day "

" Umm...yeah ....Thanks " I say feeling extremely awkward at the sudden change in his demeanor and his gaze as warm tingles spread all over my arm.

Khsjc is a nice guy any girl would be lucky to have him.

____________________________________________________________________________

Who do you like better the broody and silent Ruslan or the gentle and friendly Kafaiir ?

Any Amelia and Kafaiir shippers out there ?

Who should we make her end up with , Ruslan or Kafaiir ?

Let me know you answers soon because the course of the future story depends on the guy you pick
* hyper excited writer *
Let me know !! Let me know !!

: )