Chapter 30

I must say life as a Princess is amazing .

You have people to tend to your every need and for a lazy person like me it is perfect .

Relaxing bath ,amazing dress and later in the day a delicious dinner with Prince Ruslan and my cousin, Jabeen who I must say I'm beginning to like more with each passing second.

It is my first day in the fort today , My first day ever as a Princess.

My royal duties are put on hold for today. Since I and my cousin have decided that I deserve a break from all the craziness that I have faced in the past few days and which will in all likeness continue in the future as well thanks to Ayelet.

Soon after dinner I retire to my bed room which is large enough to fit in my human world bed room plus the kitchen .

What would mom say if she sees this place ?

I hope I can see her after the war .

I certainly don't want to drag my mother here and put her in any dangerous situation but there is no denying that I terribly miss her.

I wonder what she would say about Prince Ruslan ?

Would she like him ?

Eventually my single stress free day ends and the next day brings with it glaring problems.

I'm standing in the study with the commander of army , Ghazanfar a broad shouldered rough looking djinn whose eyes are a fierce obsidian black yet they are not devoid of warmth which I'm sure sparks to life only for those he cares about, and for a djinn who looks so tough with his square shaped jaw and thick eyebrows he has a surprisingly gentle smile.

I was introduced to him yesterday by my cousin

" Princess " He bows to me the same way everyone does in this fort.

It feels weird to think of him as the commander of my army
Only a couple of months ago I was a high school student with zero skills in gym class and much less in math and strategies.

Now I have an entire fort , an army , a vast kingdom that my late father used to rule over which has been handed down to me.

'Intimidated' seems like an understatement, though I try my best to appear otherwise .

Ruslan on the other hand looks as commanding as Ghazanfar .
He is in his element as he discusses the battle plan.

" Ever since the murder of the late king dark whispers have entered amidst our lands " says the commander gravely " Planting doubts and fear in the minds of our people "

That doesn't surprise me. If Ayelet is as cunning as everyone says she is she would try to turn my people against me.

" Specially those at the borders " The commander says tracing the border of the huge map that lies on the table in front of us.

I look down at the land that been ruled by my father and his father before ,it is indeed large .

It is my legacy.

" What do you suggest we do ?" I question him squaring my shoulders.

I may be new to the whole ruling business but if this is something my ancestors valued then it is something I know I will protect and that includes the people of my kingdom .

" We suppress the protests that are being carried out against you"

" How ?"

The commander shares a silent look with Prince Ruslan before replying , his voice grim but firm" By doing whatever it takes "

I don't like the sound of this. " Does this mean inflicting violence ?"

" If it is necessary"

" Absolutely not " I shake my head "Violence is not the answer to anything" Violence is never the answer .

" Princess " The violet eyed Prince speaks stepping beside me
" None here enjoy inflicting violence on fellow Djinns but it is not only the ones on Ayelet's side who hunger for their dark mistress to gain power but also opportunist low lives within the kingdom who desire power and won't miss a chance to amass protestes against you "

"The promise of war brings with itself breeding grounds of fear and doubts these are where the malicious minds who lust for powder flourish in and take advantage of the fear among people "

" You mean to say many people wish to put an end to my rule ?" Which I must point out had hardly began .

" Yes " The Prince replies somberly "But none as powerful as Ayelet "

" What do we do?" I feel overwhelmed by all of this " My kingdom even before I have taken authority over is at the brink of being shattered"

" It isn't " The Prince says with such steel in his voice it compels me to look at him to believe in him as his violet eyes contain unflinching promise " I won't let it "

____________________________________________________________________________

Hi ya ,

Umm....there isn't much to say today.....!!

If you liked the chapter vote

And comment to let me know if the story is good so far : )