Chapter 21

" I can see that you are tired " The Prince says.

" Yes" I admit sheepishly . I had sustained no injuries from the fight and thanks to the rigorous practice I have been receiving daily sword fights don't tire me anymore but since I'm comparatively new at manipulating air the skills and the energy required drains me.

" There is no shame in admitting you are tired when you feel so " The Prince says sounding more solemn than ever as he sighs looking away .

I don't know why he bothers turning his face away , it's not like his face is ever readable but when he speaks his voice is full of emotion that sounds weary and rough like he had fought some internal war within himself and had lost .

" I noticed that your sword still resists you "

" I'll improve " I say eagerly , hating that he would be disappointed in me after all I have learnt using swords a long time back and I'm pretty good at it though not a master yet.

" It's not your fault " He says looking back at me but the mask is in its place handsome and fathomless as always .

" I haven't been able to provide you with a true sword that you can bind with yourself " Though his voice is placid there is an undertone of a kind of tightness in it.

With those words he makes a sword appear in his hands , no doubt from his armory miles away thanks to his magical Djinn method.

His eyes remain fixed on the sword for a long time with something that is akin to sadness and longing then almost reverently he moves it towards me. " From this day forth this weapon is yours "

Taking it from him slowly I look down at the sword . It is a beautiful weapon with engravings on the bright white cross guard that are stunningly intricate and elegant with circular oak leaf engravings and a soaring hawk in the center of it. Though it is just a weapon something about it is innately feminine .I love it .

I have a feeling I have seen a sword like this before but I can't seem to remember where and soon enough forget all about it while I enjoy the feeling of reassurance just holding this sword gives me. It's
like I had found a part of myself that had been missing which is crazy but the wonder of it overwhelms me and thus I know that I'm as bound to the sword as the sword is bound to me.

I fleetingly wonder why Prince Ruslan hadn't given me the sword before if he knew that I haven't been able to forge any bound with my previous sword all along but I dismiss the thought because now I do have a sword that not only seems like a weapon but an extension of my hand.

" It feels incredible " I say out loud .

The Prince isn't looking at me but his voice is tight though it holds concern " You are tired , you shouldn't be walking anymore "

I arch an eyebrow " You said flying is a no - no so if I don't walk how do I.....?"

My question gets cut abruptly as I let out a startled scream loud enough to makes birds around us take flight.

My wide eyes move towards the Prince who looks unperturbed as always like nothing is worth getting terrified over .

But there certainly is something to get terrified over because there is a huge white tiger right in front of us for God's sake !

" You don't have to fear it " The Prince calmly extending his hand towards the white tiger and the tiger moves towards him " They wont harm you "

The tiger , if it is possible to belief almost longingly rubs its head against the Prince's hand . Like it is some sort of a giant kitty.

" White tigers are my familiars " He says patting the tiger and turns to look at me " You can ride it "