Chapter 38

They have gathered in the study .

After Prince Ruslan had showered and dined he had called everyone down for a meeting . It includes Ghazanfar
, Khsjc , Jabeen and I

" What have you got against resting for a while ?" Jabeen questions clearly disapproving of his behavior" You have just returned to the fort .
We can surely discuss this tomorrow"

" No , The sooner we do this the better" the Prince says in his usual deep voice and no , I don't turn to look at him or notice how good he looks in the casual clothes without the usual armour.

A long navy blue tunic with a full sleeved shirt and how strikingly nice the dark color of his tunic contrasts with his silver hair . Nope , I don't even look.

I keep glaring at the big map spread out on the table in front of us .

I sense Jabeen move closer to me
" What's going on with you ?" She asks in a whisper

" Nothing "

" Really ?" She chuckles her voice low enough that only I can hear " You are as bad at laying as Ruslan is at displaying his emotions"

Aaah ! Why does she have to mention him of all people?

I immediately move to put some distance between us.

" The uprisings are too many " The Prince says to those gathered "Too many and they are spreading too fast"

I notice the pins jutting from the thick canvas of the map to mark the the various sites of ongoing uprisings .He wasn't kidding when he said too many .

But then again, When does he ever kid about anything ?

" What can be done to stop them ?" The commander questions
" Because if the situation continues the whole of kingdom will be devoured by the consequences even before Ayelet sets a foot on our soil "

" We destroy the root of these uprisings" Prince Ruslan answers gravely.

" How ?"

" They are arising because the public doesn't know about Princess Amelia , they have never seen Basheér's heir to trust her with their fates "

" Do you think we should make her appear to the public ?" Jabeen questions alarmed .

" Not just appear but interact " he replies " Let them know that she has the qualities of a ruler the kindness the strength and the will power "

" But it is risky " Jabeen her voice thick with disapproval " Ayelet's assassins can disguise themselves as part of the public and attack her "

"We won't be lenient with her security " Prince Ruslan says with conviction " Every route , every single valley or lane she is to appear to the people we will make sure it is free from every sign of potential danger "

" You mean scout for danger before her arrival ?" The commander asks .

" Scout and destroy it before she even arrives"

The commander nods in agreement" It sounds reasonable "

" It's risky !" Jabeen shouts " Putting her out like that is giving a chance to Ayelet ....it's dangerous . She will be walking with a target on her back"

" We will eliminate any threat " The males try to explain .

" I don't agree. It's insane " Jabeen snaps
" If anything goes wrong Amelia could die "