Chapter 22: Dragon's Rage

~Jinx's PoV~

Ezreal blacked out so Malz and I picked him up and carried him outside. Malz went after Lux, just so she'll be put in custody.

The Mystic Shot worked as once I left the building, there were a swarm of police cars and a motorcycle.

"Malz? Jinx?" Cait looked in surprise. "What happened?"

"Wait a minute," Vi said, parking her motorcycle. "You're supposed to be in jail Jinx.

"Now's not the time," I snapped. "Lux was behind the whole thing and she is here unconsious."

"What about Kiera?" Cait asked, looking worried. "She isn't dead is she?"

"Even worse. Her powers took over her."

They looked at each other in confusion.

"Look, now's not the time to chat!" Malz said. "Ezreal needs help and you need to lock Lux up!"

Vi nodded and gave me a death glare. I smirked mechanically. What does she think that the glare would do? Scare me off? What a joke.

They took Lux and put her in the back of a car as Malz, Ezreal and I rode in the back of Caitlyn's.

We drove to Piltover as fast as we could while I told the story of my childhood to them.

"Are you telling me that Kiera can kill us all because of that dragon?!" Cait asked, looking fearful.

"The city will blow up in pieces!" added Malzahar.

"That's not the point. The point is that we need to stop her and find that locket. Ezreal," I say, looking at him. "Did she bring her locket to Piltover?"

"Yeah. It's on the top of her drawer of my house!"

"Wait, she's been staying at your house?" My left eyebrow raised while my mouth turned into a smirk.

Wonder what those two do at night.

"She didn't have a place to sleep!" claimed Ez, flushing.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay drop us off at Ez's house Caitlyn."

"You do realize that Vi will insist that you should be in jail because of all your crimes right?"

"Which is more important Caitlyn - Saving the world from total destruction or putting a reoccuring criminal in jail?"

She rolls her eyes. I'm safe for now.

A few minutes later, we arrive at Ezreal's mansion. He rushes inside and comes back huffing and puffing with the golden heart-shaped locket.

"Found. *huff* It. *puff*," he says.

Malz pushed him into the car and we sped off.

"Where would Kiera go?"

We heard our answer from a bunch of screams coming from the left side of Piltover.

As the four of us get out of the car, I see Piltover in utter chaos. The buildings are falling onto the cement causing the shrieks of children and adults alike as they struggle to avoid being hit. There was a giant hole in the ground which indicated that a powerful force has been present and everything was covered in flames.

Worst of all, I see my sister. She was standing still in midair but didn't look normal at all. Her eyes turned pale white as the first half of her hair was red and the second was black. Her clothes were replaced by a black overall with a cloak to match. In her hand was a black dragon-headed staff that had demon wings on each side of the handle. The dragon was glowing red.

This can't be happening. Not to my beloved sister.

Kiera held her staff and a fireball shot out of it, demolishing the city in flames. People were running in terror as she began to release another.

I glanced at Ezreal. He looks as fearful as I am.

"Ezreal! We need the locket," I said.

"Right," he says, taking it out.

Caitlyn, Malz, Ezreal and I formed a quick and simple plan. Cait, Malzahar and I will distract Kiera, trying to bring her to her senses while Ezreal will sneak up on her and place the locket on.

Caitlyn prepared for a headshot and poked Kiera in the back of her head. She turns around at once and asks, "Who dares to try and hurt me?"

Cait hides behind a tree as Malz and I proceed to the front of her.

"Kiera!" I say. "It's me! Your sister Jinx!"

"Jinx..." she says, her eyes changing a little but that only lasted a second. "I don't have a sister. I only have Dragonair, my faithful dragon."

I tried not to burst into tears. That was one of the meanest things that anyone has said to me. It hurt me a lot.

"What about me Kiera?" Malz asks. "I'm Malzahar, your friend."

"Friend?" Her gaze met his.

"Yes! Friend! Remember the time when we all went to Gragas' Bar together? Or when we went to Ziggs' Party?"

"Gragas' Bar... Ziggs' Party," she frowns. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

She suddenly sends a fireball towards us but Caitlyn quickly deflected it.

~Ezreal's PoV~

Kiera. She looks so different. I need to try and save her. No, I have to save her.

I see Kiera throwing fire towards Malzahar and Caitlyn so I seized the chance.

I Arcane Shift close to her and grabbed her from behind.

"What are you doing?!" she yells in confusion. Her staff seemed to be working on it's own as it tried to send its fireballs at me.

"I'm doing this for you Kiera," I say solemnly as I place the locket around her neck.

"You. Can't. Control. Me!" she yells at no one in particular. Flames swarm around her, covering her body as I fell backwards.

"But I can," a voice hissed. It seemed to be from the staff.

"NO!" The fire around Kiera's body erupted and spreaded all over as Malzahar and Caitlyn ran. Jinx was no where to be seen.

"No...Kiera!" I hugged her, no matter how hot the flames were.

The heat was too much for me to bare.