Chapter 5: Annie

~Kiera's PoV~

I can't believe he kissed my forehead in a way to comfort me. I mean sure it worked I guess and I enjoyed a bit of it but I can't like him right? I don't even know what my heart says anymore.

Ezreal and I went out to lunch and I saw the same red-haired girl from Graga's bar. She had the same teddy bear too.

"Hey Ez, who is that?"

"Oh that's Annie. Be careful with her though. She may look innocent but she's a devil's child when she wants to be."

I saw her walking over here.

Annie giggled. "Who is this Ezreal? Your new girlfriend?"

I turned red instantly.

"I'm not his girlfriend," I say hotly. "Lux is."

"I don't know," Annie said. I realized she was talking to her teddy bear after a second. "They look like they're on a date, right Tibbers?"

The bear layed motionless but it seemed to make sense to Annie. She giggled and looked at Ezreal.

"Well introduce me to your girlfriend," she smirked.

He sighed. I guess there was no way around this.

"She's not my girlfriend and she's Kiera, Jinx's sister."

"Jinx has a sister?" she asked. "Why didn't me or Tibbers know about this?"

"I don't know," said Ezreal.

Annie looked at me. "So what are your powers?"

"In one word, flames," I said.

She looked excited and talked to her bear. "Look Tibbers! We found another person that controls fire!"

Ezreal looked at me right in my eyes. I guess it really isn't a shock that my power would be from flames. My hair explained it all.

I told Annie and Ez about my vision, Fire Rose, Blown Away, Burn After Me and Dragon Flame. Annie seemed impressed about me being able to summon a dragon while Ez loved all of my skills.

Ez and Annie told me about theirs too. Annie then looked at the clock on the wall of the restaurant.

She said, "Oops. Gotta go and meet Tristana and Teemo! Don't worry Ezreal, your secret about having a new girlfriend is safe with us!"

I wondered for a moment who us is but then I realized she meant Tibbers. Ezreal just turned a bit red and Annie left.

"Does that kid always jump to conclusions?" I asked.

"Yeah, but Annie is trustworthy. You just can't get on the wrong side of her. I think you made a good impression on her though," he said.

What a relief. I was afraid of the devil child haunting me in my sleep. Or should I be afraid of Nocturne for that? He can cause bad nightmares and eternal darkness if he wanted to, according to Caitlyn.

We paid for our food and then left the restaurant.

~Ezreal's PoV~

I'm so stupid. I told myself to ask Kiera about her abilities and I forgot to at breakfast. Instead, Annie asked her! That isn't fair! I should've asked her! Sure I was there but still!

Annie was annoying too. Kiera is not my girlfriend! Maybe I like her a bit but Annie didn't have to tease me about it. I need to remain loyal to Lux though. If I cheat on her, she and her brother, Garen, will hunt me down to rip my face off.

Afterwards, we went to the Park of Piltover. It is always relaxing here and it's a good place to think. I leaned against a tree beside Kiera.

She posed a question.

"Should I join League, Ezreal?"

"Definitely! League is the best and it helps you train against your opponents! You could also win a cash prize if you are number one of all the teams," I said. I've never been more excited.

"Then can you show me the stadium? Where they let you spectate the games?"

"Of course."

We walked to a bus stop and waited for Bus 69 to come.

"You know, coincidentally my team needs a new mid-laner since Malzahar left for Jinx's team," I said.

"I'll be glad to fill it," she said, smiling.

Her smile does make her look cute.