Chapter 25: Astria VS Frostbites

~In the Present~

I didn't realized that I fell asleep because I felt my eyes open once more.

"You're awake!" I see Akali by a moniter.

"Yeah. How am I?"

"You're all set to leave."

"Thanks Akali."

"No problem."

I got up to leave but then I remembered something.

"Where's Ezreal's room?"

"Room 6, just to your right."

"Thanks," I nodded and left.

Inside I see him lying down on the bed peacefully. Sona and Nami were here discussing to each other.

"Hey Kiera!" Sona noticed.

"Hi. Is Ez okay?" I asked worriedly.

"When he wakes up, he'll be just fine," Nami says.

"Thank you."

They nodded and left, as if they figured that I'll need some alone time with Ezreal.

I kissed Ez's forehead. "Get well soon Ez."

His eyes fluttered opened.

"Kiera... You're alive." He sits up straight and pulls me in for a hug.

"I could say the same to you. Why did you go close to me when you could've died?"

"Because I love you," he whispers. I blushed.

"I love you too," I say kissing him. "Babe," I winked.

He laughed as I nuzzled his nose affectionately. Ez caressed my cheek with his thumb and I felt like we were alone again. That no one matters in the world except each other.

I could hear his breath and my heart beating as loudly as his. We lean in for a kiss, wanting more, eager to touch.

As much as I hated it, I had to face the facts.

"Ez, we need to stop," I say. I didn't want to but we have to. "We'll lose control."

He sighed and nodded. Ez pecks me on the cheek anyway.

Sona returns and motions at Ez that he's free. We both left and just outside the hospital Ez's eyes grew.

"How long were we in there?"

"Jinx said about two days."

"Oh no... The competition! We're supposed to be playing today!"

I completely forgotten about the tournament. It was the least likely thing to think about considering the last few days.

"We need to get there fast."

It was 11:55 P.M. as we board Bus 69. The match was starting in five minutes with us against the Frostbites. I bet the spectators were already seated, patiently waiting for the round to commence.

As soon as we arrive, I see Thresh, Jax and Vi waiting at home base. I ran over to them as Ez Arcane Shift.

"Finally!" Jax said. "What happened?"

"Long story," I say out of breath. I need to regain my energy.

"No time to talk," Vi interrupted. "We need to get into positions.

"Welcome to Summoner's Rift!" I felt like that voice is going to be annoying over time.

I quickly bought a Doran's Ring and a couple of health potions, (my usual) and headed out onto mid lane.