Chapter 23

The party is packed with all kinds of skaters from the school. I see some of the junior men skaters that I recognize from the Junior World Figure Skating Championships last year. Polina is standing by the elaborate trays of food set up, talking to some of the coaches. Polina is a retired Olympic ice-dancer and now works as a dorm monitor and choreographer, therefore; she knows the coaches from this school. Adam and I make our way over to the dance floor, and we start dancing.
“I’m digging this Russian music,” Adam says to me.
“Same here!” I giggle.
We dance until about nine o’clock, when everyone started to leave Polina’s house. The exhaustion is angry at my eyelids, as I keep blinking profusely on the walk home. I need to sleep.
“Goodnight, my precious Ella,” Adam kisses me. We hug each other and go into our dorms. Sarah is sitting on her bed, talking to Claudia whenever I come in. It seems like Sarah has fireworks erupting throughout her body, because she has an jolly look on her face.
“I totally saw you kissing Adam Chathaway!” Sarah yells.
“Actually, he kissed me. By the way, we’ve been dating for a month now,” I mention, trying to play it cool.
“OH MY GOD ELLA HARPER AND ADAM CHATHAWAY ARE DATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!!!!!!! I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL OH MY GOSH COME GIVE ME A HUG!!!!!!!!!!” Sarah screams even louder. I hope it isn’t quiet time yet. If so, we’d be on thin ice.
“Holy crap, you two are so cute together! Aww!” Claudia says.
“Did you see him skate at the Junior Worlds last year? He slayed Phantom of the Opera. And you slayed Swan Lake,” Sarah says.
“No wonder why you and Adam won the gold medal,” Claudia remarks.
“It’s love at first sight, er, skate,” Sarah chimes in.
“Umm...let’s get ready for sleep!” I awkwardly exclaim.
“Good idea,” Sarah and Claudia say, as we walk towards the showers.