Chapter 15

“Ella, we’re all going to miss you. Skate great, and never lose your passion and courage for figure skating. You are a figure skating legend. ‘Legend of the Edge’ is your nickname now. We love you dearly and we wish you the best in Russia. Don’t be overwhelmed, you can do this.” My coaches and friends say to me the last time I skate at Blue Ridge.
There are tears rolling down my rosy red cheeks as I leave the ice. I love this place so much. And now I am leaving it. I’m excited for new opportunities in Russia, though. But I truly would miss everyone at Blue Ridge Figure Skating Club.
“Hey, I’m having a party tonight in the party room to celebrate the skaters who got accepted to train in Russia. What time is your flight tomorrow?” Addison asks me.
“It leaves at six in the morning,” I tell her.
“Okay. The party shouldn't end too late. You could always leave early if you needed to.”
“When’s your flight?”
“Friday at four o’clock in the afternoon.”
“How come our flights are different though?”
“Certain dorms are grouped to skate at certain times with each other,” Addison says.
“What do you mean?”
“For example, Dorms #1 and #3 have the same skating and school schedules. They’ll arrive in Russia on the same day and have orientation together. Dorms #2 and #4 have the same schedules as each other and arrive in Russia on the same day. But that’s all I wanted to let you know about. Hope you can make it to the party tonight. Bye!”
“I’ll be there tonight. See ya!”