vii.

The next day, I woke up to Rain licking my face as he stood above me. I grumbled and pushed him away, but he pawed at me until I dragged myself from my bed. I scratched behind his ear and watched as he panted happily. "Where'd you go last night, bud? Could've used you to protect me."

Rain ignored me and walked out of my room. I followed and looked around the house. Everything seemed to be cleaned up from last night, and two bowls were laid down filled with food and water for Rain. His bed was laid down beside it. My radio was set back in its spot, and my sketchbooks were back on my shelf, stacked neatly. I smiled a bit and thanked them in my head.

I knew that I needed to open up shop because of all the money I had spent on my new dog. The boys knew where to find me if they wanted to. I read the time off of a clock hanging in my kitchen and sighed before moving back to my room. I didn't have very long to get ready and be out. Maybe I could grab some food on the way home. With my new dog, I felt a bit safer, but I would still stop by a quick place.

I nodded to myself and went about my activities, pulling on a new set of green, lace underwear before deciding that I would pull out a pair of leather pants I hadn't worn in quite some time. They clung to me like a second skin, and the sides of the pants were non-existent, instead being held together by clasps. They thankfully rose to the waist. I grinned at myself in the mirror and pulled on a black crop top that was tied in the front. Lately, I slid on a pair of biker gloves that looked similar to David's. As I stared at myself in the mirror, I took note of the fact that I almost looked like one of the boys. I needed a jacket and maybe to fluff my hair a bit more. I hummed and pulled a comb through my locks, teasing it higher than normal. I finished the look with a pair of ankle boots, a studded belt, a smoky eye look, and bright red lipstick. I hadn't dressed like this since my days in high school when I joined a punk club to fit in somewhere. I silently thanked my younger self before grabbing my bag, hooking my dog on my belt, and walking outside, prepared to face another day in the shop.

The walk there was short as normal, and soon, I found myself in my shop, taking care of flowers and bouncing to a Misfits song on the radio. It seemed that my music was even reflecting my mood today. I had been there for about three hours when Marigold walked in, her eyes wide at the sight of me. The day had been busy, and I had made about seven of the fifteen I was supposed to make at that time. A few people had come in for small bouquets, and only two of the fifteen had picked up yet. I knew I couldn't leave until everyone had come.

I had just finished wrapping a bouquet for a walk-in customer, an old lady with a kind smile that complimented my outfit a bit as she stared around the shop. She had ordered a dozen begonias to give to her husband as a gift. She had handed over the change when I heard a loud 'holy shit.' I immediately looked up, meeting the eyes of my friend.

"Language, Marigold," I scolded, handing the lady back her change. "I'm sorry about her, miss. I hope you have a wonderful day."

"You too, dear." The lady walked out, sending a quick once-over to the girl that was already making her way toward me.

I barely heard the door shut when I felt her lips on mine, her hand on the back of my neck. I pulled away quickly, gasping a bit. She seemed taken back when I did so, her eyes dazed. "Why'd you pull away?"

I paused. How did I tell her that we couldn't do that anymore? I mean, technically I wasn't dating them yet, but how could I do that with the knowledge I had now? I couldn't betray my mates like that. It would hurt them. I couldn't deny that her kiss felt wrong at that point. The soft lips I had grown to love weren't right for me anymore, and I couldn't deny it. "We can't do that anymore, Marigold."

Marigold raised her eyebrows, reeling back a bit. "What? Why?"

"I found someone," I mumbled, looking down so I didn't have to see her look of sadness.