xxiv.

The boardwalk seemed just a bit brighter tonight as I watched the people from my position on the railing. I swung my legs back and forth, quietly braiding small braids into Dwayne's hair as we waited for the other two to get back. David was standing beside me, a cigarette between his lips as he watched the crowd like I did.

I hummed a song quietly as I brushed hair from Dwayne's shoulder. I bent down and kissed his neck softly, laughing a bit as he shivered. "Put your head on my shoulder," I sang quietly, pressing another kiss to the top of his head. "Hold me in your arms, baby." I wrapped my arms around Dwayne's shoulders and placed my head on top of his. I knew he was grinning, and I felt one of his hands move to hold one of mine. "Squeeze me oh-so-tight. Show me that you love me too."

I pressed a kiss to the top of Dwayne's head and looked up as I heard Paul and Marko making their way over. Paul's arm was slung over Marko's shoulder, and they were both laughing loudly. David stomped out the rest of his cigarette and raised an eyebrow. "What took you guys so long?"

"Sorry," Paul said with a grin, "ended up getting caught up in each other on the way."

I laughed at that and tapped Dwayne's chest so he would move forward. He complied, and I dropped down to the boardwalk, my bare feet making barely any noise. "We found a group of people down on the beach, surf nazis."

Marko's face upturned to a Cheshire grin, and he bit his nail at the news. "Well, let's get em," Paul yelled out, excited. He bounced on his toes and grinned a wild grin.

David nodded, and I intertwined my fingers with Dwayne's as David led us to the group. I was shaking a bit, whether from excitement or nerves I wasn't sure. "What if I mess up. Like, what if I can't do it," I questioned Dwayne, biting my lip.

"You won't," he stated, looking down to me with a reassuring smile. "Once you smell it, your instincts will take over. Don't worry. Just try to steer clear of Paul and Marko if you're trying to stay even a bit clean. They have entirely way too much fun feeding."

I nodded and laughed a bit. Of course, out of everyone, the two would have the most fun doing it. I could hear the group of Surf Nazis clearer and clearer the closer we got. They were dancing around a fire, something they seemed to do often, while blaring music from a beaten-up boombox that closely resembled Paul's. "How do you guys even start this," I questioned, watching from a distance as three boys danced around, yelling out lyrics to whatever song was playing while a couple made out from their position a bit away from the fire. "Like, do you just dive in or do you like screw around first?"

"Depends on how we're feeling," Dwayne answered. "Sometimes we like to join the party before killing them. Paul likes to fuck around with the girls, lead them on and then kill them when they try something. David just likes to go for it. Marko doesn't care as long as he gets to eat."

I nodded, and we stopped a few feet away from the group. They hadn't noticed us yet. "Then, what are we doing tonight?"

David licked his lips and turned to me with a grin. "Your choice, sweetheart. If you want to taunt them, you go for it. It's your first meal."

I bit my lip and stared at the group, my eyes set on a specific boy. I had seen him a few days ago taunting a girl and trying to get her to give in to his desires. I would have stepped in if he had taken it any farther, but he ended up falling when he tried to go after her, too intoxicated to even walk right. "Do I look good," I questioned, looking down at my outfit. Black tank top, short leather skirt, fishnet leggings, and combat boots were my outfit for the night.

"You look fucking hot," Paul stated simply.

I gave him a lopsided grin and nodded. "Well then. Don't come until I bite him." Then, I was sauntering over to the boys, swinging my hips a bit more when one of the boys looked my way.