Falling in love // Dialogue Prompt

"How could you not want to fall in love?" she smiled warmly, her lips drooping so they looked lop-sided in a way that could only be described as dreamy. I smiled back although the warmth lacked in mine.

    "Easy. I don't want my happiness to depend on whether a person gives me their attention or not. I don't want to stay up late wondering if she's thinking of me. I don't want to cry about someone who might not even care. I don't want to stare at my phone waiting for a text. Most importantly, I don't want to give someone that kind of power; the power to destroy me." She frowned, eyes confused and troubled. 

    "I didn't say finding love," she said slowly, eyes never leaving mine, "I said falling in love. You're talking as if we have a choice and honestly, we don't. That's why we fall. We fall without reason at the most unexpected time. That's why it's called falling in love because you don't get to choose when or who you get to fall for, you just," she struggled to find the words and I looked closer, looking at the girl who wanted to be loved the way she loved everyone else. 

    "Fall," I finished for her. She nodded. If only she knew I had already fallen for someone who wouldn't have the right reaction time to catch me. 

---

As always, loves, genders may be reversed!

Cinder ♡