Lineage // Dialogue Prompt

She panted, desperately trying to fight off the waves of fatigue threatening to drown her, "the crown is mine by birthright. It's mine by blood." 

    "Blood?" He laughed. The sound was unnatural as it bounced off the walls, reverberating through the ruined corridors. It was harsh and she hated the way it seemed all so familiar to her. "I've bled for this kingdom for years. Every scar I have, every hole in my heart comes from protecting this kingdom. Don't you dare try to talk to me about blood." He spat the word out as if it were poison in his veins. 

    "Are you implying you now want the crown?" She sneered. Rage seemed to become alive in his eyes. He smashed his knuckles against the wall suddenly and she tried not to flinch as bits of debris began falling from the roof. 

    "Of course I don't want it!" he yelled, furiously beating the walls, oblivious of the danger that was quite literally falling towards them, "all I want - all I've ever wanted is for my sacrifices to be worth it. So take your damn crown. It's yours. But, a word of warning for the lost queen," he sneered, "if you fail this kingdom, I will slit your throat. And then, your stupid blood debt will be paid." 

---

hey there, lovelies. apologies for being away so long. i've had all sorts come up in my life but i'm back now for a seemingly short visit. to make up for lost time, i will update this book with five new chapters. 

as always, genders may be reversed.

love always,

cinders x