Would you rather // Dialogue Prompt

"Go on," she rasped. Her eyes were intent upon his yet all he could really do was focus on the way her lips were strikingly red which contrasted to the pallor face she was currently donning. Her breath caught and he couldn't really understand what she was saying, instead choosing to focus on the way her mouth shaped familiar consonants and vowels. "Finish it." 

    His hand wavered. His head was spinning and to be frank, it wasn't great. The adrenaline was still coursing dangerously through his body. Some distance away, his allies were beginning to approach. He tried not to look.

    Her expression softened as much as a dying person's expression could. "Finish it," she whispered gently, reaching up to steady his hand on the weapon, "you'll be a hero; everyone will love you. The world will be yours for the taking; you've come so far and grown so much. You've fought so hard. You can do it, to be honest, you have to and it's alright." 

    "You want to die?" She laughed, squirming awkwardly as if she could get comfortable in the rubble and the sound of it brought him back to the beginning.

    "Don't ask me that," she murmured, "I just know that I'd rather it be by your hand than theirs." 

---

hey there, lovelies, i'm so sorry i'm a day late with this but i don't think many people read this anymore haha. i think by the end of the school term i'm going to end this book though although if people want me to try and continue this, i'll definitely give it my best shot.

until then, enjoy this prompt. as always, genders may be reversed and if you do decide to use this particular prompt, please remember to credit us. 

with love, cinder.