Why? // Dialogue Prompt

She seemed desperate as she gripped my shoulders, her voice begging as she pounded her fists on my chest yet still I could not look at her, "why," she cried, "why can't you look at me anymore!"

    I slowly tore my eyes from the ground, letting them settle shakily on her beautiful chocolate orbs. I hated causing her pain like this. But I couldn't help it, "y-you were the m-most beautiful thing I-I had ever felt," I choked out, eyes brimming with unshed tears. I watched her hand fall away from my shoulder and she stepped back awkwardly as if she had been winded and didn't know how to move properly yet. "Then, even as you left, I was still convinced you were the most beautiful thing I would ever feel. Do you have a-any idea how limiting that is? To think, at such a ripe, young age, I had experienced the epitome of love and experienced the feeling of loving the most exhilarating person I'd ever meet? To think I would spend the rest of my days just," he looked for words before she stepped forward shakily, her breaths uneven and her eyes dripping with tears.

    "Settling?" she whispered, "you thought you would just spend the rest of  your days just settling for something- no, someone else? Why?" I hated the way her voice shook because of me. I hated it. 

    My eyes began to burn. "Because I thought in you, I had tasted the rawest and sweetest form of sugar and nothing would ever have been as refined as that!" I yelled, my ears blocking out the white noise, "I didn't believe anything beyond this moment would amount to anything." I paused, shakily wiping her tears before I shot her a saddened and weary look, begging her to understand, "I didn't believe that all the years beyond me would amount to anything sweeter than you."

---

hey, cuties, i'm so so sorry i haven't updated this book in a while. i've been having a really tough couple of weeks and i guess this dialogue prompt was inspired by the events that have happened recently. i really hope you enjoy it because yeah, i don't want to relive those experiences haha. 

remember, feel free to use this prompt but remember to credit us

love, cinder