Deeper Thoughts // Dialogue Prompt

"Why aren't you dating him?" His voice cut roughly into her thoughts. The frustration built and she frowned, imagining exploding. She take a deep breath. She wanted to shout, have a tantrum and beat her hands on the ground like a toddler. She wanted to vent, let it out, but she didn't want to say words she didn't mean and to be hurtful. It's was so easy to be cruel in that moment and then the damage is done. So many times she had wanted to unsay things, take it back. She was learning how to deal with it, but slowly. She didn't know how to put her thoughts into words, not even he was clearly staring back at her, waiting to answer. 

    "I'd destroy him," she replied plainly. For the longest time, she had wanted him, for the longest time. But he couldn't deal with her, so she left him. She let him in, let him pull her walls down, and she regretted that now. She regretted everything about them. But she couldn't get him out of her mind, because deep down she still loved him and always will. He sighed, his eyes troubled.

    "Well," he choked on the words, trying to lift them both of out the treacherous sea they had fallen into, "he'd be into that."

---

Genders as always, may be reversed.

Cinder ♡