21. Creepy Road

Kara's POV

It was Friday afternoon I was refilling the gas for my car before I head back home and all the sudden Mr. Moray came and parked the other side of the gas pump next to mine.

"How's going Kara?" He asked after he got off from his car.

"Mr.Moray it's going great. How's your day today?"

"Well, it's going very well. Fall is here and I got to keep it up for my clients." He said as he eyed his carry-trailer that hooked behind his truck with loaded of lawnmower and many other stuffs in it.

"I see. So how many places do you have to go? Don't you have any helpers or you are still doing all by yourself?" I was just curious about his cleaning yard business thing.

"Oh, it's not that I have a big business or anything. It's just something I can do to keep myself busy. I'm doing around the town for the people I knew them, mostly. By the way, how was the girl that lives with you doing?"

"She's fine. Why?" I asked while I pulled the gas hose putted it back to the gas slot.

"I saw her walking everyday to work at Farm Market. Some times I gave her a lift. The weather is getting cold and it's not safe to walk on the road alone by herself. You know what I mean?" He looked concerning on his face. I swallowed hard in my throat. How come I did not know this?

"I know what you mean Mr. Moray. I'll see what I can do. Well, I got to go now. I'll see you when you come to take care of my yard." I waved at him and drove myself straight home.

I can't believe she didn't tell me about working or how she found and where she had been working. What if something happened? No wonder I didn't see her came to knock at my office to bring me tea for many days. What was she trying to do? She wasn't healthy enough to get ready for work yet. What if her parents or Jen finds out about this. What are they going to say to me? I got home and pulled to the driver way. I got out quickly speeding up my steps into the house. I hurried went to knock at her bedroom but she wasn't there. I went back downstairs and she was nowhere in the house. So I thought about Farm Market. I went out and locked the door behind me then drove off to Farm Market. When I got there I didn't know when she gets off from work. I sit and waited outside in front of the market in case she walked out so I can see her from there. An hour later I didn't see many people went inside, only a few cars left on the parking lot. I got off from the car and walked in but the person that worked there told me the market was closing. I looked at my watch and it said 6 o'clock. I went back to sit in the car and after 15 minutes later no one came out from the front door. And it was getting dark outside. I started my car and slowly drove around to see she might use the back door to leave her work but I didn't see any one walked out from the back door. I started to drive back home with all this anxiously feeling built up inside of me. As I was driving I saw a moving figure at the front. I didn't know it was a man or woman. Whoever that was had a hood on and I couldn't tell who that person was. As I slowly approached that person I knew it was a woman. I slowly drove behind her I knew that figure and that walk. The road was quiet and a little foggy and you might feel a little creepy from this quiet road. But I was glad this town was safe like almost everyone knew each other and took care of each other. I drove closer to her closer until I can see her face when she turned to look at me. I opened the window and stopped the car.

"Sara...get in." She noticed it was me she opened the door and got in.

On the way back home we didn't talk. It was tenses between us. I wasn't angry or upset with her. I was just worried about her. Was I? What was I thinking? I shook my thought off. She didn't look at me or say anything. Most of the time she looked outside the window until we got home.