6

Matty's POV

"Did you see what guys we were going to get, though?" I say to Frailey.

"Yeah, I got the list. It's honestly going to be super fucking cool. If I had more time, I definitely would have done it. You guys are going to have a lot of fun with that. Let's just hope they speak pretty fluent English." Frailey laughs. I didn't even really think about the fact that English is probably their second language. That could cause some issues.

"Fuck, I didn't even think of that." I groan. Still, I push the thought away and move on to the next issue at hand. "How are things going over there? How's Melissa doing at your building?" I ask.

"Oh you know, she's being a pain in my ass like always." He says, and I can tell he's rolling his eyes.

"I would imagine so." I laugh.

"No, really she isn't that bad. I mean, she is a pain in my ass but I'm pretty sure she will always be that way. She is just so controlling. Like, fuck." He groans.

"I know. You kind of just have to play along with it until she leaves." I tell her.

"Fuck no. This is our company, not hers." He remarks.

"I know, I know. But...I just want this to go smoothly. And right now, we aren't on the best terms." I groan.

"Oh no, what happened now?" He asks. He is always waiting for my next story about what has happened in my relationship. He definitely won't see this one coming.

"Well, Candace is in Seattle." I tell her.

"Hold on, what? Why? For what?" He asks, seemingly surprised.

"She got a new job. So she's the store manager for some place in Vancouver. I guess all of the store managers have training in Seattle. It's pretty great, really. I'm happy for her." I tell him honestly.

"Okay, so did you guys like...fuck or something?" Frailey asks. I almost choke on my fucking juice when the words leave his mouth.

"What the fuck, Frailey? No! God, no! We just...we went for fucking dinner. My god, why do you always assume the worst from me?" I spit out.

Why the hell does he automatically assume that Candace and I hooked up? It's been a year. Hell, it's been well over a year. We are both different now. We're so different...plus, she has a boyfriend and I have a girlfriend. That should be enough for people to know that nothing is going on.

We are adults. Very mature adults, at that. I wouldn't do anything to fuck my relationship up. Not again, at least. I fucked Candace over before, and I never want to feel that shitty ever again. She fucked me over, too. I hate to say it, but we were really just...stepping stones for one another.

She was someone that I had to meet and be with in order to have a normal relationship with someone else. I was pretty much the same thing for her, too. We were each other's learning experiences. I wish that wasn't the case, but it was. Now all we can do is move on.

"Because, I know Melissa isn't sucking your dick. She probably just lays there like a damn starfish while you two have sex, too." He laughs.

"Fuck you." I say, wishing I could flip him off in person right now.

Really, he isn't wrong. Our sex life is very...mediocre. Very mediocre. But, it isn't terrible. The actual sex is always great. But, it's just so plain. I always do all of the work and she kind of just takes it.

Kind of like a ragdoll.

"You know I'm right. Plus, Candace used to suck your dick like practically everyday. I wouldn't really blame you if you decided that you wanted to...you know. Visit some old memories." He says, not able to keep his composure before laughing loudly.