33

"I can't fucking believe this. This is absolute bullshit." I yell as we walk back to my office.

Evan and Clarissa walk behind me as I try and get through the door as quickly as possible. The rest of the office is staring, but I honestly don't give a shit. This is fucked up and everyone knows it.

"Why the fuck would they decline his extension? Why the fuck would they even mention an extension, go to the trouble of having a meeting only to fucking decline it? What kind of fucking office are they running?" I yell, slamming my office door shut. Clarissa jumps slightly, not used to seeing me so upset.

"This doesn't make any sense." She huffs. Evan immediately goes into one of the chairs and throws his head back.

"How can they just fucking do this?" I repeat.

"I'm emailing them. Fuck it. This isn't fucking fair!" Clarissa exclaims, pulling her phone out of her pocket.

"It's not worth it." Evan sighs, not looking at either one of us.

"No, I'm doing it. This is bullshit." She states, ignoring him.

"Don't." He says simply.

"What's the CEO's name?" She continues.

"Oh my God! Just stop! There is no fucking point in emailing them! I have to go back either way. There's no use in trying to fight in inevitable. I'm going back to Russia." He yells out.

Clarissa narrows her eyes at him, already pissed off at the way he just spoke to her.

"Excuse me? Don't fucking yell at me." She yells back.

"Then stop trying to change their minds! I'm not going to let you fucking cause trouble for me when I go back to work." He yells, matching her volume. I stare at the pair and wait for them to stop, but it only gets worse.

"We're trying to get you to stay!"

"Well stop trying! I have to go back either way! I don't even know why you're trying so hard for me to stay!"

"What is that supposed to mean?" She scoffs.

"Oh please, you know exactly what it means. You couldn't be more thrilled over the fact that I'm leaving." He snaps at her.

"No, I'm not thrilled about it! Why the hell would you think that?" She asks, looking like Evan just slapped her in the face with this assumption.

"You tell me every single day how annoying I am to you. You tell me every single day that you don't want to be with me. I practically have to beg you for a date, but you have no problem with fucking me when it's convenient to you." He says, standing up from his seat and slamming a fist onto my desk. My eyes widen at what has now turned into a fight that has absolutely nothing to do with work.

"Evan! What the hell?" She yells, eyes going wide and shifting between the two of us.

"It's true! It's fucking true! Honestly, why would I even want to stay? You're literally the only reason I would want to be here for as long as I can, and you act like you can't fucking stand me!"

They are having a full blown screaming match in my office, and I have no idea what the hell to do.

"Okay, you guys. Calm down." I try and convince them.

"That's not true and you know it!" Clarissa yells, stepping closer to him and pointing a finger into his chest.

"No, I don't! Because you haven't done a single fucking thing to convince me otherwise! You honestly just take advantage of me!"