Chapter 37

"So?"

"So what, Elena?"

"So, did whatever you did work?"

"I wouldn't have stopped if it hadn't. They should be on their way home now. Although, Dean seemed hungry, I'm sure they'll stop for a burger or something."

"No, he wants a pie. He always wants a pie "

They looked at eachother and laughed.

But their laughter was short lived, when they heard a knock on the door.

"Bonnie? Who's at the door?"

"I'm a witch Elena. Not superman. I can't see through walls. I have no idea who it is. But I'll go check." Bonnie got up and went up to the door. Elena heard her ask who it was, and she waited for a second, then opened the door. "Bonnie!" Elena yelled. Just as she saw Alaric walk in the door.

"Ric!" Elena yelled as she got up and attempted to run to the door. Ric dropped his luggage, and ran to her, to keep her from running. When he got to her, she wrapped her arms around his neck and held on tight.

"Elena, you shouldn't be up and running. I missed you too, but you didn't have to run like that." He hadn't seen her in years.

"It's so good to see you!"

"Well, I was invited. So... I heard there's something supposed to happen any day now?"

Elena laughed, and stood back. "Yes Ric. I'm due any day now." She smiled and held out her hand. "And then there is this..." She showed him the ring on her left hand. "Oh, wow. Congratulations!"

"Thank you! They should be back anytime."
"Who all is gone?"

"Jeremy, Dean, Sam and their dad. John."

"Wait, wasn't their dad..."

"...ya. long story."

Then Bonnie moved in to give Alaric a hug.

"Why don't I show you to your room?"

"Ya. That would be nice. Thanks Bonnie."

Elena decided to go back to the couch and sit down. Waiting for the guys, and for Bonnie and Ric to get back in the living room area.

Suddenly, Elena felt shooting pains in her abdomen.

"Oh. Ow! Bonnie! Ric!"

Moments later, Bonnie and Ric came running into the room, to find Elena curled up on the couch, clutching her abdomen.

"Elena! Are you ok?"
Ric ran to her side, and Bonnie tried to hold her hand, but Elena was clutching her stomach so tightly.

"Bonnie! Something is wrong!"

"Cas! CAS! HELP!"

Elena screamed. Just as Cas appeared.

"Elena, what's wrong?"

Alaric stood up, startled by the sudden appearance of Castiel.

"What the..."

"Cas, Ric... Ric, Cas. Now Cas, please check and make sure the baby is ok. Please! It hurts! It hurts!"

Elena looked like she was in worse pain than she should be, as Cas put his hand on her belly. Closing his eyes, he tilted his head. Like he was concentrating.

"Elena, you seem to be going into labor, and the babies aren't breathing."

"Well then someone needs to get them out!"

Bonnie and Elena, stilled at his revelation.

"Wait... WHAT! Cas, did you just say... babies??"

Cas took his hand off of her belly, and looked at Elena, then over to Bonnie.

"Bonnie, would you like me to help with this?"

Bonnie nodded, suddenly afraid of what was going on.
"Ric! Call Dean! Now!"
Elena yelled. As Bonnie and Cas got Elena prepped as quickly as possible, Ric went to call Dean.

"Elena?"
"No, Dean. It's Ric. Elena has gone into labor, and the babies aren't breathing."
"Call Cas!"
"We did. He's here helping Bonnie."
"Tell him to... orb it out or something! Wait... did you just say... babies?"
"Ya. That's what Cas just said."
"How can an ultrasound not see this! How could Cas not see this!"
"Probably not the best time to be asking these questions, Dean. I have no idea. You need to get here. Now."

"Ya. We will be there soon."

Dean hung up the phone, and looked over to the other guys.
"Elena is in labor, and the babies aren't breathing."

Sam and Jeremy looked at eachother. "Babies?" They both said.
"Did I stutter! Yes! Babies! Now let's get home!"

"Elena, I need you to push! Now!"
Elena held Ric's hand, squeezing it tightly.
"Oh God! It hurts! So bad!"
"It will be all over soon. Just keep pushing honey."

Dean came running in the door then, and ran to Elena. Holding her other hand.

"Dean!" Bonnie said. "Get her to push! She's having a hard time."

"Come on baby. You can do this." Dean said, as he pushed the hair out of her face, and wiped the sweat off of her forehead with a wet rag.
"Dean, it hurts so bad!"

"Bonnie, can you do anything to get rid of the pain?"

"Yes. Help pull the babies out. I'll help with the pain."
Dean moved down by her legs, and as Bonnie held her hand, she chanted. Cas didn't look happy about it, but it was what She wanted.

"Elena! Push!" As Elena pushed, she screamed louder than before, and the first baby came out.

"Ok Elena breathe."

"I'm trying! But I need to keep pushing! I can't stop! It hurts! Get the babies out! Now!"

"Then PUSH!" just as she did that, Elena screamed again, as Cas put his hand in and pulled the other baby and the placentia out.

"Elena! You did it! You're done!"

As Cas handed one of the babies to Dean, he had Dean follow him to the table, where he sat both babies down, and placed his hands on them. A yellow glow shot from his hands into them, and John came up behind Dean and placed his hands on his shoulders.

"They'll be fine Dean."

Dean looked almost in tears. As everyone in the room, suddenly heard the cries of 2 babies. Bonnie ran over to the table, to wrap them up and handed one to Dean, and the other to Elena.

"Elena. Meet your daughter. And Dean has your son."

Elena was so happy, she cried tears of joy. She let go of Alaric's hand that she had been holding, to hold the baby.

"She's so... perfect!"

Elena said, as she moved her finger tips across her beautiful face. Dean moved to sit beside her so she could see her son as well. She smiled and kissed their faces. When she began to feel a sharp pain in her abdomen. It felt worse than the child birth. She winced.

"Dean take the baby!"

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, God!"

Elena clutched her stomache, and fell over. Out cold.