2: The stupid mage and bratty demon (part one)

Jungkook scowls, his face a mask of concentration as he carefully re-lines the spell circle once again. It's the fifth failure that evening and he still has no damn clue what he's doing wrong. He draws in a deep breath and holds it, making sure his hands don't shake so he won't end up with a pathetically wobbly line again.

Actually, he has no idea what he'd been thinking when he signed up to be a mage. He thought it would be cool to learn magic then. But with how difficult, actually, it is to learn how to be a proper mage, he kind of regrets it right now.

Brushing his fringe impatiently out of his eyes, he finally etches in the last line and sighs in relief when the rune glows faintly.

Jungkook stands back and rolls up the sleeves of his stupid black cloak that makes him look like a member of some shady cult, reaching for a ritual dagger and makes a careful cut across his palm, only wincing the slightest bit as his blood beads along the edge of the blade. He lets the red drops splash onto the lines. The circle immediately lights up with a violent red light and Jungkook begins to chant as he siphons his magic into it.

A flash of brightly burning light suddenly fills the room. It seems he has finally uttered the right words to appease the arcane forces that he's so desperate to make a deal with. Like a strike of silent lightning, the white flash fades as quickly as it had arrived, leaving behind a thick, purple smoke that floods the room and billows in circles all around him.

The magical runes drawn in the ground are humming with a fiery glow that slowly flickers out. The runes he'd so painstakingly etched along the lines of the circle have faded away along with the flashes of light, as the runes spell out each specific detail in the binding contract that Jungkook had just signed with his blood.

A figure is left standing in the center of the circle. Its silhouette in the cloud of smoke looks truly demonic; a set of horns curved around its head, wings stretched out with a long sharp tail at its side.

But now that the smoke is starting to fade, the hellish beast he expected to see is looking a lot less and less intimidating. What's left standing there really doesn't seem much like an all-powerful monster. All of its demonic features are mounted to its short boyishly small frame. It's much smaller than Jungkook and it peers up at him with a pale face, pink cheeks and wide eyes that seem to sparkle like they are made of precious emeralds.

The demon has a small, pink lips that looks like a petal of a flower, its hair is of platinum blond color that blends so well with its porcelain skin- and the color of which, surprisingly, matches its all-black outfit. Or lack thereof, as the only things that the demon is wearing are: a black, leather collar; a pair of black tight shorts that hugs its curves and a set of black fishnet stocking held up by garters attached to the shorts. Nothing about it is intimidating, and had it not been for the tail on its backside and horns curling around its head, it wouldn't have even looked monstrous.

If anything, the small demon is... adorable.

And gorgeous.

"You're the one who summoned me?" the demon asks, sounding almost as if he's offended, and Jungkook is surprised to hear that deep, scratchy voice coming from its tiny body, proving a fact that it's a male.

For a long moment, Jungkook only stares at the short horned, pretty creature, absolutely gob smacked and looking like he had been run over by a behemoth. Or several herds of behemoths. He reaches up to rub at his exhausted eyes, and then peeks back at the scene, half hoping that it's just his imagination, and that he would be once again staring at an empty circle and be forced to start again.

At least that way, it meant that he could actually try again.

But when Jungkook's eyes land on the obviously occupied circle, the small demon only glares back at him impatiently, waiting for him to answer. Jungkook is suddenly hit with the urge to sink to the floor and cry into his hands. He had put everything he had into perfecting this spell; the familiar binding ceremony was a one-shot sort of deal. By forcefully contracting with a guardian, he would be offering up his own life force to sustain it and in return, is bound to serve him in until he dies.

But the demon in front of him looks so delicate and fragile and not at all like the powerful, vicious familiar he'd desperately wanted. For Hecate's sake, does this demon even have some muscles in his lithe body? How the hell is he supposed to go up against demons and hell beasts with this... this small boy in a BDSM-themed Halloween's Eve costume?

Jungkook almost has to blink back tears at the thought of his only chance at proving himself as a semi-capable mage, had just went up in smoke.

"You're not a dragon," Jungkook says almost accusingly, his voice laced with a resentful disappointment.

"A dragon!?" the small demon gasps and pouts, crossing his arms.

Could this mortal really have been the right blend of magically gifted and stupidity to have summoned up a demon instead of a dragon? the demon thinks.

"Don't be silly, I'm no dumb, dirty, dragon," the demon honestly sounds offended. "Clearly," he says in a showing display while tracing its hand down its pale bare chest, showing off the kind of flawless curves that no dragon could ever have.

"My name is Yoongi, and I am your incubus. A demon of insurmountable powers, not some lousy little dragon," the demon, Yoongi, sighs at the very thought. "But shouldn't you know all this? You're the one who made the contract..."

"An... incubus?" Jungkook repeats dumbly as he stares at the creature with wide eyes, as if he's slowly re-evaluating him again. That's when he starts to fret... but he's just drawing a complete and utter blank and--

What the hell is an incubus?

A/N:

Pls let me know what you think so far. 🤗