29: Rein in (part two)

At first, it's kind of funny watching Jungkook scurry back and forth desperately trying to clear off the bed but Yoongi quickly realizes that all Jungkook's doing is shuffling the mess from one pile to the next. Yoongi sinks down and sits on the corner of the bed and sighs. There's really no hope for his master.

The young mage hasn't even tended to his own wounds yet. There are painful looking bruises scattered across his body and burn marks spread up his arms from their spar earlier. The young mage decided to clean (if you could even call it that) at Yoongi’s demand, instead of taking off the rags he’s still wearing first.

Yoongi slightly quirks his lips up, an idea suddenly surging to the perverse mind of his.

"Listen..." the demon says, but what really catches Jungkook’s attention is Yoongi touching him. Jungkook pauses, and their eyes meet while Yoongi’s soft fingers trace lightly near the mage’s wounds. "You should go clean yourself off first."

For a moment there, it actually looks like the little demon is concerned for Jungkook’s well-being. Yoongi has no regard for his contract holders, especially one this adorably dumb. So instead he smirks and adds, "And if you ask nicely and promise to give me a treat, I'll even help you clean up this mess."

Yoongi sort of regrets the last few words that left his mouth. The thought of clearing out all Jungkook’s trash is dreadful. But imagining the treat he'd get afterwards sure helps him dispel that negative thought immediately.

Jungkook blinks at Yoongi in surprise before looking down at himself, finally remembering that he’s been injured; the sting of his wounds has faded into a dull ache which had been easily ignored until now. He’s also covered in dirt that's probably making his room even messier, not to mention how itchy his scabbing cuts are starting to get. He feels heat rise into his cheeks at the oversight and then, he gives Yoongi a sheepish look. The young mage may have been covered in blood and dirt, but the demon doesn't look so picture perfect either; he still has dried blood around his mouth that he hasn't even bothered wiping off.

"I guess we can both use a bath," Jungkook mumbles a little self consciously, sighing. He isn't looking forward to trying to heat water element again. Yoongi probably wouldn't be happy if Jungkook ends up boiling him alive.

But aren't demons supposed to be hardier, anyway? And they're supposed to be living in an excruciatingly hot place with fiery flames everywhere... right?

Well, there’s no use standing around and pondering over it; Jungkook believes in being proactive in all matters except cleaning his room and doing homework like most boys his age (except Taehyung but he’s a bit of a freak). Jungkook sighs and shrugs off his ruined shirt and tosses it at his overflowing trash can. There’s no use tracking even more dirt into the bathroom if it means he has to clean it up.

As an afterthought, Jungkook starts to peel off his trousers but his sweat makes the leather cling to his legs so getting them off is a bit tricky and he decides to leave them on for now, realizing with a blush that he had forgotten to put on any underwear this morning because he didn’t have any clean underwear anymore since he forgot to do his laundry and he didn’t want to wear the dirty ones again. In spite of himself being unequivocally messy, Jungkook has still regards for his personal hygiene.

To be perfectly honest with himself, Jungkook really isn't all that great at cleaning up either. He can really use a hand, even if Yoongi’s offering his help on a conditional basis. But by now, he learns enough to be slightly wary of what Yoongi considered a treat, recalling how cheerfully he almost fired that Security guy to death a few days ago. "What kind of treat?" he asks with a healthy dose of suspicion lacing his question.

It’s so funny to him knowing that Jungkook doesn’t even realize he himself is the treat Yoongi wants. The little demon’s eyes slowly roam up the other boy’s half-naked body, feeling a bit disappointed that those teasingly tight pants are perfectly undamaged and still intact to Jungkook’s body.

The young mage is dirty and still sticky with sweat. He’s wounded and scarred yet for some reason, Jungkook seems to care more about taking a bath with Yoongi than healing himself. And that just seems to make him all the more irresistibly tempting to the little incubus.

"I want something sweet and delicious," Yoongi replies with a smirk. He leans in close, pressing his hands up against the mage’s bare chest as he stares up at his Master and asks, "You do know what demons eat, right? Surely you can't be that clueless and I’m sure you’ve already done your research." Yoongi giggles. "And no. A gross piece of pig meat is not the answer.

Well, that isn't ominous in the slightest, at least for Jungkook. He didn’t research at all so it’s to be expected that he knows little to nothing in regards to the dietary habits of demons. Demonology is his least favorite subject. What’s the point in learning it if he could never become a demon hunter?

Only a miniscule fraction of people ever had any sort of demon encounter and learning anything that didn't have anything to do with killing or subduing a demon was a waste of time in Jungkook’s book - an attitude shared by practically everyone at the academy. Demons are creatures of darkness and evil. The people at the Academia are there to learn how to kill demons, not how to care for one and keep them happy.

Jungkook is beginning to regret slacking off on his studies a little.

But what does Yoongi actually eat, then? 'Demon feeding habits vary by species,' Jungkook remembers one of his professors droning. Some eat animal meat; others prefer the taste of human flesh or blood.

Jungkook suspected it’s blood, but he’s been so eager to snack on that Security guy, it made him think that Yoongi is a flesh eater. It makes the young mage feel a little unsettled and he doesn't want to feel that way towards his own familiar. But could he just come out and ask him point blank about what he eats? Would it be considered offensive? Yoongi had been so angry when Jungkook first summoned him without a clue of what he was getting into. Maybe it's better to just nod along and break his own personal rules and go look it up later?

But with the way Yoongi’s beaming up at him so sweetly with his tail swaying behind him, Jungkook finds it really difficult to reconcile this adorable creature with what he knows about other mindless, rampaging demons. Jungkook sighs inwardly. He’ll still try to make this work; with his condition, he isn't too concerned about needing to defend himself from Yoongi. He looks just so innocent and adorable, how bad could he be?

Jungkook makes a noncommittal noise and pats Yoongi on the head again. "I'll get you something else after," he promises sheepishly, realizing that meant neither of them have eaten yet. Their impromptu spar derailed his lunch plans. "Lemme go heat up some water first."

Jungkook then extricates himself and heads towards the bathroom, only vaguely aware of the pout that flits across the little demon's cherubic face.

-

Wow. Thank you so much for 20k+ reads. 😭 To celebrate, here's another more decent fanart than the last time (but still subpar lol) that I made w/c basically summarizes this whole fic XD

 😭 To celebrate, here's another more decent fanart than the last time (but still subpar lol) that I made w/c basically summarizes this whole fic XD