17: The possessive little demon (part two)

Triple update bcoz I purple you has three words and BTS has three letters and yeah, I don't make sense at all lol

-

After class, Jungkook had debated running away before Taehyung could catch up to him but he decided against it when he imagined the hurt flashing through those large, brown eyes and his stomach clenched in response. Instead, he drags his feet, ignoring the look of menace his professor shoots him on his way out, and he lingers out by the door, keeping his eyes averted when the other boy joins him.

"Jungkook..." the lilac haired says softly, with a hint of uncertainty creeping into his voice, like he's fishing around for the right words. "Jungkook," he repeats in a deeper voice and Jungkook feels his insides clench at the almost painful nostalgia that the other boy's deep, velvety voice brings, surging back.

"You look... tired."

And Jungkook is, a little. He had almost forgotten the long sleepless nights that he had spent pouring over his ritual to summon a familiar, only for the result to turn out way different from his expectations. His shoulders slump slightly and he finally meets the other boy's eyes. "I'm fine, Taehyung," he repeats, swallowing convulsively as his eyes start to prickle. "But you should stay away from me."

Taehyung's forehead creases and he opens his mouth to retort, taking a step forward. "Jungkook, stop. This had gone on long enough."

"No," Jungkook says, shrinking back. "You're the one who should stop. You know what happened that time... that time you-- What the--" He's abruptly cut off when a pair of arms suddenly seizes him around his waist. Jungkook is utterly dumbfounded when he looks down to see a familiar fluffy blond head buried into his chest. "Yoongi?!"

"You look upset," the demon gasps, who appears to Taehyung to be nothing more than a very clingy cleric guy.

Yoongi stands up on the tips of his toes and leans in to whisper into Jungkook's ear, "Let's go back to your room and I'll make you feel better," he giggles and tugs on Jungkook's biceps teasingly. Only then does the incubus notices the lilac haired boy standing there staring at them blankly, in shock.

Yoongi can practically feel the tension between the two of them about to snap. His master has a mess of emotional energies swirling around inside him, so much that it makes Yoongi extremely hungry. He squeezes tighter down onto Jungkook's arm. Yoongi's jagged little nails dig down on the boys wrist as he tugs on Jungkook again, pulling him a step further away from his comrade, who Yoongi imagines from the look of him, is another jerk like the demonslayer he just met earlier.

"Come on," Yoongi demands possessively, making it sound more like Jungkook is his servant.

Jungkook winces a little at the grip on his arm. "Yoongi, hang on. Let go." His mind's awash with confusion and turmoil at being so close to Taehyung again and now Yoongi is here and he doesn't know what to think anymore. His magic bubbles uncomfortably, his eyes dart from Taehyung to Yoongi and his heart leaps up into his throat at the fear at the possibility that whatever Yoongi did to Jimin won't work on Taehyung. And then he would have to deal with the fallout.

Taehyung looks utterly confused at the strange guy who suddenly comes out of nowhere, latching himself onto the white mage with a tenacious ferocity. "Jungkook?" he asks uncertainly, his frown deepening at the way Jungkook makes no move to throw the guy off, even with how uncomfortable he looks. "Who is this?"

Jungkook's jaw works wordlessly as he tries to work out what to say. "Taehyung, it's not what it looks like," he says plaintively, staring at the other boy with pleading eyes.

"This?" Yoongi huffs, gesturing to himself with a scowl on his face. His over-playing outrage continues, "This just so happens to be his boyfriend. So, you," he says, glaring at the lilac haired boy. "Piss off."

By the end of his rant, Yoongi is almost hissing so it's deeply unsettling to see how fast his expression turns to a sweet smile as he looks back up to Jungkook who just sighs deeply.

"Having to deal with this..." Yoongi shoots one icy glare towards Taehyung before finishing with a soft caressing touch to the side of Jungkook's weary face, "...it's no wonder you look so upset."

Jungkook flinches back from Yoongi's touch, his eyes wide with confusion and it's enough to make Taehyung's protective hackles rise.

Taehyung quickly closes the gap between them, shooting Jungkook a protective look when he sees how stressed this 'Yoongi's' sudden appearance makes him.

Jungkook had already been high strung since earlier at having to have this conversation with him, but whatever slight progress Taehyung had made had quickly been dashed at Yoongi's appearance.

"Boyfriend?" Taehyung repeats dubiously. "Is this true, Jungkook?" The faintly veiled horror in his eyes doesn't lend any credence to that claim, if anything Jungkook looks like he is preparing to bolt.

Jungkook's jaw works soundlessly, looking completely overwhelmed. Then the air suddenly crackles in warning as electricity arcs up his skin, giving Yoongi a nasty little jolt and Jungkook looks even more horrified. He immediately shoves Yoongi away from him and shoots Taehyung a pained look. "This is... this is a bad idea," he mumbles, backing away. "Taehyung... D-don't look for me anymore. Please."

And with that, Jungkook turns on his heels and runs, leaving the demon and the lilac haired boy behind.