7: Bath time is fun time (part two)

In the adjourning bathroom, Jungkook rakes a hand through his tousled hair and sighs deeply. If he's going to be totally honest with himself, his retreat is more of a way to hide from his new, daunting responsibilities, than any overwhelming desire to get clean. Though maybe a bath will help him clear his head and work out exactly what he's going to do about this whole mess.

He absentmindedly shrugs off the remainder of his clothes, leaving them in a sad pile on the ground and starts to generate water, flicking the spell over to the tub. A swirl of water materializes over it and falls into the tub, splashing messily since he'd once again made too much of it and the water overflows. With a groan, Jungkook shoots a blast of heat at the water to compensate, vaporizing the excess liquid and filling the bathroom with a thick cloak of steam.

The young mage gingerly dips a finger in the water and yanks it out with a yelp when it burns and resentfully throws in an ice spell and tries again. This time, he's relieved to find it no longer scalding. It's just a bit colder than lukewarm but he really isn't about to chance another heat spell because it's exhausting to use magic.

Finally, Jungkook slips into the bath with an exhausted sigh, tensed muscles finally relaxing after three straight nights of failed summonings-- and he isn't even sure if he could count his final effort a success. His hands hover uncertainly around the collar around his neck for a second but he decides not to remove it and instead went to retrieve a bottle of his sweet-smelling shampoo and applies a liberal amount to his hair, working it through the strands furiously.

The rhythmic motions of his own fingers are doing wonders to relax him and he sighs happily, sinks deeper into the waters. He will have to come with some excuse for what a demon's doing here-- after he figures out how he's going to explain to Namjoon about why he'd skipped class for three whole days while doing an unsanctioned ritual that could have leveled the entire school.

On a second thought, maybe he should keep that part to himself? Figuring out what to do with Yoongi is his number one priority right now. He'll have to get him fed, get him clothes, and clear out a proper place to sleep. There already isn't a lot of room in his dorm, having been mostly converted to a study with most of the floor space taken up by shelves and his workshop. He himself ended up sleeping in his couch or in the little cot in the corner anyway. It's convenient than trying to unload the piles of junk on top of his actual bed.

Jungkook groans and sinks beneath the water's surface, blowing out a stream of resentful bubbles. The worst part is that he really has no one to blame but himself.

A/N:

Oh. 60 reads? So someone's actually reading this. Or is half of  reads mine? I dunno how wattpad works so it's prolly that. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Anyways, it's good that I can vote my own story in here, (unlike on ao3 where i couldnt give a kudos on my work 😧) so yep, I'm leaving a vote on my own story. Hahahaha.