Hope

I walked into the crowded hallways and to the bathroom and splash water on my face. It feels refreshing and nice to my skin which was starting to sweat just before.

***

I'm sitting in my next class now and I have what feels like a migraine and my breaths keep stuttering not to mention my accelerated heartbeat. I feel a slight sting in my chest and I wince at it.

Today I really shouldn't have forgotten my puffer.

My eyes shot open as I look at the time. I forgot to take my pill. How could I forget?! I've never forgotten! What has gotten into me lately. I sigh knowing I can't take it now. I'll have to wait to continue my routine tomorrow. I just got to deal with the pain right now.

***

Further into class my teacher Mrs.Kim started to take notice of my health. After observing me discreetly for a bit she comes up to me.

"You don't look too well... I'm going to send you to the nurse okay?" she said kindly.

I nod my head and she calls another student to help me there.

"Mijin please help her to the nurses office" the teacher asked a short pretty girl who had dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes.

"Yes ma'am"

Mijin stood up and help me all the way to the nurses' room. On the way we had a nice conversation too, even though I felt like I was going to pass out.

"How are you feeling?" Mijin asked. I smiled and nodded my head telling her not to worry.

"If you come to school tomorrow I'll come check in on you... I hope you get better" she said as she handed me over to the nurse who laid me down on a bed and took my temperature. She raised the top of the bed so I could breathe easier and it worked. She helped me regain my composure and told me to get some rest. She went behind some doors which I assume is her office.

I rested my head against a pillow and sighed. What a horrible first day this has been.

I then heard a noise come from beside me.

There's a guy. His ankle is wrapped up and turns his head. He sees me looking at his ankle.

"It's sprained... I was being clumsy and fell while I was dancing" he said.

I smiled at his story. He turns his head towards the window then back at me.

"My name's Jimin and I was wondering..." he asks as he nervously rubs the back of his neck. "Do you... by chance...wanna be friends?"

I smiled brightly. "Yeah sure!" I replied.

My very first friend.