trying

Once I got home I opened the door and shut it and I dragged myself inside and quickly run to the toilet once again because I suddenly had that horrible feeling in my stomach again. I felt my insides tearing up each time I spewed out into the toilet bowl. I've thrown up before and yeah it sucks but this feels different, each time I vomit my muscles, my head, stomach, throat, chest... everything feels indescribable amounts of pain.

I know that I have to call my mom and I know this is gonna stress her out but I have no choice... it's only getting worse.  

I stumble to try and find a phone.

Beads of sweat dance around on my forehead.

The sounds of my hyperventilating breath fill the air.

Everything else is silent except for the sounds of my breath and shrieks for pain from my mouth.

As soon as I grab the phone I start dialing the number.

I slowly descend while leaning against a wall in my kitchen.

As I'm waiting desperately for my mom or just anyone to pick up I start to feel a little dizzy.

"Hello?" 

thank god

"mom..." 

"Honey? Oh my god are you okay?! Why do you sound like that?!"

I manage to only speak a word that will tell my mom everything she needs to know...

"help...

Then my vision all goes black.

***

"Is she going to be okay? Please you need to tell me!"

is that mom?

"I'm sorry ma'am but I need you to wait out in the hall"

"No I wanna stay with my baby"

"I'm sorry but-"

I struggle but I'm finally able to crack my eyes open. Just a bit. But when I do overwhelming brightness crowds my view and causes me to shut them instantly.

I let out a small groan which catches the attention of the doctor and my mom.

"Thank the lord" my mom whispered under her breath but I was able to hear it.

"Sweetie are you okay? Does anything hurt?" She asked over and over. "What happened?"

"I feel fine right now... and I don't really know what happened."

"What do you remember?" The doctor asks.

"Umm... well, I remember that the entire day I was feeling like crap. I was having trouble breathing even though I did my puffer, I was in constant pain even though I was taking my pills and I kept throwing up too..." I mumbled out.

"Wait what?! Why didn't you call me?!" my mom yelled sadly.

"Sorry..."

"Okay, well we're gonna run a few tests and find out whats going on... please hang on for a moment, I'll be right back" the doctor said as he marched out of the familiar crisp white room.

***

My mom was driving me home from the hospital once again after hours of tests, questions and waiting.

I was subscribed a new medication and I waited a while to get it. I sat in silence the majority of the trip home with my mom sobbing next to me.

I stared off into space and fell asleep lying against the seat as droplets of rain attacked the windows outside the car.