chapter 5

Camila's POV

{present day}

I woke up to a knock on my front door. I got up from bed and opened the door to reveal my manager Stacy.
"Hi, we got to go in 30 minutes." She informed me. "Shawn Mendes and his team are already on their way."

That name sent a fit of anger through my body just like it did when we were back in high school. I couldn't hate him any more than I do right now. He thinks I'm selfish! He's the selfish one here. He doesn't get to scream at my face for what happened three years ago.

"Have you been crying?" Stacy investigated. "Your eyes." She pointed out.
I ran to a mirror and looked at the mess that was standing in front of me. My eyes were red and puffy and I looked like a complete train wreck.

I let out a deep sigh and dragged myself into the shower. I was ready and out the door by the next 30 minutes. I made sure I wore a huge pair of sunglasses to hide the night before.

We reached the meeting within 15 minutes and I made my way over to the giant meeting room. I was greeted by Shawn's team who were sitting on the opposite end of the table. Shawn sat beside Andrew in the very middle and didn't even bother looking up at me. Seeing his face just made me angrier. I sat myself down and then began what was going to be the most torturous three hours of my life.

We went over all the rules and I instantly got flashbacks from the last time we did this.

Although it didn't end so well, we somehow managed to be friends. But I guess it was all an act, cause he clearly still hates me. Why doesn't he understand the pressure I was under? And he knows me all to well to understand I don't deal well with tense situations. I know I promised I'd say no but it was out of my hands. My management would have forced me into it either way. But he wouldn't even let me explain it to him.

Shawn didn't say much throughout the interview. He just listened and occasionally nodded.

"Okay then! Now that everything's final. It's time to sign." Andrew proposed.
He handed the pen over to Shawn who looked up at me for the first time, gave me an angry glare and then signed on the paper.

The paper was passed onto our side and I signed it too, just below where Shawn had signed.
Once I passed the paper back to Shawn's side, he quickly got up and left without another word.

{3 years ago}

I was sat at my desk finishing up my Math homework. I wanted to get it completed before Shawn showed up, but soon my phone buzzed. It was a text from Shawn.
"I'm downstairs." It read.

I quickly shoved my books in my bag and went downstairs to open the door for him. He was wearing a white t-shirt, black jeans and a denim jacket.

He looked really good, I'm not gonna lie. He definitely knew his fashion.

"Hi!" We both said at the same time.
"Come in then." I let him inside the house and closed the door behind him. I walked upstairs to my room and Shawn followed close behind me. He quickly sat himself down on my bed, making himself comfortable.

"Alright then. Where do we start?" Shawn asked, getting straight down to business.
"I have no idea."
"Pick something out at least. Like a pair of jeans-"

I knew he was getting frustrated so I quickly cut him off saying "Okay okay, hang on."
I opened my closet and started looking through my clothes. I picked out a white top and some black jeans. I showed them to Shawn, who was busy scrolling through his phone. He momentarily looked up and was quick to point out "No way! We aren't matching."