chapter 8

Shawn's POV

{present day}

A lot of chaos followed my argument with Camila. I had gotten tons and tons of calls from Andrew and the rest of the management but I was absolutely done with all the bullshit. Camila trying to confront and fix the situation, didn't exactly help either, and it pissed me off further, so I turned my phone off for the rest of the day.

Andrew showed up at my hotel in the middle of the day and the shouting and screaming that followed was so loud that there was a noise complaint lodged against us, from the people staying one floor below us.

I kicked Andrew out of my room, refusing to listen to anything. He cursed at me and repeated the fact that it was part of the contract and I couldn't unsign it now.

I had to go do a show later that day and I would have done anything to avoid it but given my argument with Andrew, I knew there was no way I could avoid the show.

"Hi everyone. How's everyone doing today?" I spoke into the mic. Everyone cheered loudly. "Wow you're so loud. I love the energy. Okay let's kick off the show with one of my favourite songs on the album. This is 'Why'." I almost choked saying those words.

I loved that song. I had poured my heart and soul into it and it was very personal to me. I still remember the day I wrote the song and I can still recall contemplating about putting the song in the album. I never revealed to Camila that the song was about her but deep inside, I hoped she knew. Although it was one of my favourite songs on the whole album, I couldn't hate it anymore than I do right now.

I let out a deep sigh and started singing the song. I heard a few people shouting 'Camila' here and there and it just started breaking me. My eyes were teary and daring to spill any moment, and by the time I was done with the song, my heart was shattered. I looked down at the ground, still holding onto the mic and started sobbing.

"I'm so sorry." I sniffled and said into the mic. The crowd sympathized with me, some of them screaming "We love you" and some shouting "Camila loves you too Shawn." I tried to control the tears, but when I realised I couldn't, I left the stage.

"Are you okay?" Samantha asked me.
"I'm fine. Just give me a moment." I wiped away my tears and let myself breathe. Samantha handed me a bottle of water and asked me to breathe.

I swore to myself, I'd never sing that song ever again.

{3 years ago}

"Hi." Camila came up to me during lunch. I was sat on the field, outside the lunchroom, eating my lunch and also trying to get some homework done.

I really don't want to start a conversation right now. My English homework is stressing me out and I was super frustrated about everything; her nagging about Anthony or Nicole was the last thing I needed.

"Hey." I replied, momentarily looking at her and then back down to my notebook.
"What're you doing?" Camila sat beside me, plopping her bag next to her and stealing my lunch.
"English homework. I completely forgot that this was due today."

"Here." Camila said and unzipped her bag, before handing me her work.
"Thanks." I quickly replied, taking the notebook from her.
"You're welcome. Just don't write word for word." She said and started eating my food again. I didn't protest against it and continued jotting down her work.

"Where's Ben and Simon?" She asked.
"In the lunchroom."
"Why? Did you fight or something?"

The only reason I was away from them was because I knew I wouldn't get any work done around them.