chapter 14

Shawn's POV

{present day}

"So do you have a girlfriend? The talk of the town is you have recently started dating your best friend Camila Cabello, is that true?" James Corden asked me, his eyebrows dancing as the words left his mouth. I chuckled nervously as the crowd burst into an united "oooh".

"You can't hide it forever Shawn. I thought you and I had a special bond." He kept pressing me, while his tone was still comedic; I continued laughing.

"I'd rather not say." I said with yet another nervous chuckle.
"Oh that definitely means a yes."
"No it doesn't." I protested.
"So no? You aren't dating Camila?"
"I'm not not dating Camila."

James gave me a weird look as I continued twisting my words and the crowd erupted into a fit of laughter.
"Just say yes or no!" James shouted, but his tone wasn't angry. "It's not that difficult. Here, repeat with me, I, Shawn Mendes.."

"You, Shawn Mendes.."
The people started laughing yet once again.
"You're a piece of work aren't you?"
I didn't reply to that and just chuckled instead.

As much as I would have wanted to admit that we were indeed dating, both me and Camila were instructed not to agree to such rumours yet, just so that it erupts more intrigue around our relationship.

"Okay so you mean to tell me you go around kissing your friends all the time?"

I knew Corden was talking about our viral video from my last concert. Camila, due to some reason, had kissed me that day, on stage, in front of tons and tons of fans. It didn't take too long for people to shoot videos or take pictures and spread it around. That PR stunt definitely had spiked the interests of a lot of people. But we both never talked about it again, because obviously it was something Andrew might have instructed her to do.

"Yeah definitely." I replied.
"So you're telling me you'll kiss me right now?" James asked, making the crowd roar with laughter.

"Um.. I mean I would, but we really aren't that close." I snapped back at him. He pretended to be very hurt and forced himself to not smile. "No offence man." I said.
"Oh I am offended Shawn. I thought we were best buds." He continued acting mad as I laughed. The conversation soon steered away from me and Camila.

After finishing that interview, I was heading back to my place, when I received a text from Camila.

C : can you come over? I'm so bored.

S :  okay.

Thankfully no paps were waiting outside Camila's house so I didn't have to sneak into her apartment. I knocked on Camila's door and she opened it almost immediately, greeting me with a big hug. I noticed she was in her PJs and was watching Friends, of course.

"How many times are you going to watch that damn show?" I asked.
"You're such a fake fan Mendes. How can you even question that?"
I rolled my eyes at her.
"Wanna get high?" Camila asked out of nowhere making me furl my eyebrows and let out a small chuckle.
"I mean..okay?" I said, confused about her sudden outburst. "Do you have weed lying around here?"

"Gina came over today actually, so she gifted me some."
"Is that why you called me over?" I crossed my arms over my chest, being pretty confident with my assumption. "Cause you wanted to get high and were worried what you might end up doing if high alone?"