chapter 11

Camila's POV

{present day}

It was our first day as a fake couple. Well not the first day overall, but first day of round two. I couldn't stop thinking back to the last time we did this and I could only think back to the more stressful times during that relationship.

There was a knock on my hotel door, breaking me from my trance.
"Shawn must be here." Stacy left my side and went up to unlock the door. It was Shawn. He looked happy.

Happy and dreamy and soft and beautiful. But he's just my best friend and he made that very clear at the meeting.

He greeted Stacy and engulfed her in a hug followed by peeping into the room. "Ready?" He asked me. I nodded and smiled, before running up to him and giving him a hug.

He grabbed my hand and we started walking towards the elevator. I found Luke already waiting by the elevator. He greeted me with a huge smile and I responded with a hug. Stacy followed close behind us.

When all four of us were in the elevator, Stacy started running us through what our plans were for today. She informed us that we were to head to Starbucks and then walk around the city for a bit, hand in hand. A few occasional pecks and kisses would be nice she had added.

Her instructing us through every move, made me uncomfortable. I mean, I get it, but she shouldn't have a say in whether we kiss or hug or do whatever physical.

Shawn noticed my contorted face and squeezed my hand before saying "Stacy, you don't need to tell us every move. We know how a couple has to behave, we've done this before. Right babe?" He winked at me and I knew he was trying to jog me down my memory lane, to the time I hated hearing him call me that. I rolled my eyes at him, still not comfortable with him calling me babe. He chuckled and hugged me from the side.

As the elevator doors opened, I took a deep breath.

Here we go again. Round two. I hope we don't make the same mistakes as last time and even if we do something like that, neither of us wake up the next day regretting it.

"All the best." Stacy shoved us out of the elevator. Shawn grabbed my hand again, but this time he intertwined his fingers with mine. I smiled at the sight of my hands perfectly sitting in his, and then looked at him.
"Here we go." He said.

We walked out of the hotel and were immediately greeted by paparazzi and fans. The flashes went off louder and more furiously than usual, indicating we had sparked up their interests.

"Oh my god! Shawmila is real people!" I heard a girl scream from the crowd. I smiled down at the ground as Shawn continued dragging me away, strutting way faster than me.

"Are you guys together? Shawn? Camila? Are you dating?" The paps kept throwing similar questions at us but we ignored them and continued walking. Luke helped us get through the crowd, holding back the paps with ease.

"Shawn! Shawn! Camila!" The fans kept screaming so I pulled Shawn back and whispered "We can't just ignore them, I feel bad."
He nodded and let go of my hand. We walked up to the fans and greeted them. They started screaming and shouting at our response.

"Are you guys together?" A girl asked me while I took a picture with her. I smiled and said "Um.. I'll let you decide that." She squealed at the reply and continued "You didn't say no. That's saying something."

Our managements had asked us to not completely reveal that we were dating, to make it seem more of a natural build up from best friends to partners, but we were also asked to not say 'no', and answer their questions diplomatically.