chapter 21

Camila's POV

{present day}

"Are you alright?" Anthony asked me.
"Yeah no I'm fine." I swallowed a lump in my throat and stopped myself from crying.

"You don't seem fine." He pressed me.

And just like that, my eyes gave in. I started sobbing and sniffling and running out of oxygen. I couldn't breathe.

"Hey it's okay. It's okay." Anthony came up to me and hugged me. I cried into his chest and I just couldn't stop.

Shawn's texts broke my fucking heart. He's so mean. Just so mean.

But was he right? Was I just trying to get back at him? No. I just thought Anthony deserved a second chance.

Even if I was being petty, who gives him the right to speak to me like that? Who gives him the right to call me out like that? Who gives him the fucking right to have a say in who I go out with?

"Come on let's go to my hotel. Let's not have Camila Cabello crying in public." Anthony joked and started walking me towards his hotel.

I didn't feel much anymore. I just let him drag me along wherever he wanted to.

Once in Anthony's hotel room, he sat me down on his couch and gave me a bottle of water to help me calm down. He sat beside me and gently stroked my back.

"Do you wanna tell me about it?" He asked. I hesitated at first but when he made me face his soft eyes, I immediately melted.

"You can trust me with it." He said.

He seemed very promising.

"It's just Shawn. It's very complicated, I don't wanna go there right now."
"Oh, so you guys are still going out? I thought he was back with Nicole."
"It's not like that. It's way more complicated than just him dating his ex girlfriend or us still being together."

"Oh." He simply said and nodded.

We remained silent for a while before Anthony spoke again.
"Camila, can I make a very stupid offer?"
"Sure." I replied, slightly unsure.
"Do you wanna..maybe..go out with me sometime? Like a date?"

My mouth fell open upon hearing his offer.

What do I say to him? I mean he seemed nice, a lot nicer than he had behaved with me that night. He seemed more like the same boy who had texted me throughout the summer telling me how beautiful I was and how attractive he found me. But can I trust him enough to go out with him? How do I know he won't repeat his actions once under the influence?

"Anthony I don't know. It's still doesn't seem right."
"I thought you said what's in the past is in the past. Please. I want to make it up to you for putting you down and even disrespecting you like that. I think that's the only way I can ever forgive myself."

"Okay I'll make you a deal. We'll go out on a fancy dinner but not a date, okay?"
"Sounds good enough for me." His eyes sparkled at my response.
I smiled and he extended his arms to hug me. I hugged him back.

Maybe being with Anthony will stop me from thinking about Shawn. Maybe he can just be distracting enough to stop me from thinking about anything Shawn had said to me.