chapter 29

Shawn's POV

{present day}

"We have a few names in mind and we'll let you know once we have got the final person." I was told.

Who do I have to fake date now? I'm tired of doing this, knowing how poorly it ended the last time. But maybe this time won't be as bad cause I wont be emotionally involved with this person in the least, and I don't think I can afford another screw up.

We were in my car, heading towards the studio. We had a small talk with Stacy, Camila's manager, and both our teams agreed on saying it wasn't that big a deal and that both me and Camila are okay with each other now.

Andrew didn't trust Camila's team enough. He knew there was something bigger going on in the background that they didn't want to tell us. He was sure they were going to save Camila and throw me under the bus somehow.

Andrew started speaking to me "Do you know this Anthony guy?"
"Yeah. Me and Camila went to high school with him."

"They did some good work on hiring a new boyfriend for her. Given he's been linked with her in the past, people are more likely to believe that there is some truth to their relationship."

What does he mean "hiring"? Was Camila's team behind Anthony coming back into her life? It would definitely make more sense. I knew Camila wasn't that stupid. But why choose Anthony out of all people? Just to make this more believable?

"Why Anthony?" I asked.
"What do I know? You guys went to the same high school, you tell me. Were they linked romantically before? Some articles have been saying you were the reason why they never got together."

"I mean Camila did like him for a bit but then some things happened and they didn't talk after that. I played a very small part in all of it, if I'm honest."

I wasn't willing to reveal all of Camila and Anthony's past to Andrew.

"They made a pretty smart move. But now that means we can't link you back to anyone from your past, it'd be obvious that we're trying the same strategy as them."

I didn't say much after that.

With all these chaos that had gone down and me having forgotten a huge chunk of last night, I didnt have the time to reflect back on what happened between me and Camila last night. Not just the fight, but what happened after that.

I finally told her how I felt and she shut me down. I just watched her walk away. Should I have stopped her? Should I have just tried making her stay one last time? I dont know and I dont even want to find out, maybe it'll just hurt more.

But I love her and she loves me too, or she used to. I'm the stupidest person on this planet. If only I had told her sooner. If only I wasn't so unsure about all these feelings. If only I had the guts to tell Nicole that I didn't love her instead of doing the exact opposite. If only I didn't just write songs about how I feel, and told Mila instead.